Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coaches

To disable ads, please log-in.

I only knows what I's been told ...

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=7967 post #12

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen
    edit: I almost forgot! As I was heading down Dry Creek Rd (I think) I hear from behind: "Amici Veloci my a$$!" And a woman rides up beside me "My friend told me if I saw that jersey I was supposed to say that!" It was a friend of sadiekate's friend Marty! AV shall rule the world!

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Oh! I somehow read that as "a friend of SadieKate's, Marty." I didn't see the 2nd friend mentioned.

Here is the road closure info.
    http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=517
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate
    Was she wearing an AV jersey? On an aqua blue and black Seven? Mid-50s?
    Wasn't Marty, is was a woman who knows her. I want to say short brown hair....but I could be wrong. We introduced ourselves, but my steel trap memory has forgotten her name....she knew you too...

Quote Originally Posted by spokewench
    THey used to do a Mt. Diablo hill climb every year. Do they still do that?
    The Mt. Diablo Challenge is still held the first weekend of October. I used to ride it, until my times became a complete embarrassment. The Mt. Diablo Hill Climb Time Trial was just re-introduced this month.

Quote Originally Posted by spokewench
    I have two second place and one first place jerseys for that climb on the mountain bike (on the road).!
    Wow, you're fast!

Hey aka kim, That Mt Diablo challenge - can anyone do it or do you have to be with a team or have some sort of race credential? I'm new to this and wonder if it's something I could consider signing up for?

Sorry, one more thing - how can I find out the exact course, in case I wanted to try it in advance?

Anyone can do the Mt. Diablo Challenge - no race license required - it's not really a race, but a fun, timed event. There is a mass start, usually with 700+ riders, and it's amazing how fast much of the field is. Usually over 100 people can finish in under an hour, and over half the field within 90 minutes.

The route starts at the Athenian School on Mt. Diablo Scenic Rd and goes straight up for 10.x miles to the summit of Diablo. There's been road work on the summit road recently so it's been closed, but the road will be open for the challenge. You can still ride half-way up the mountain to the junction with the North Gate Road to recon the course.

Check out the web site for info on registering.

Excellent - thanks aka Kim. I'm out that way all the time. I'll bring the bike next time. Do you happen to know of any organized rides along here?

I think Diablo Cyclists ride the mountain every Wed. evening.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com