Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: $$ shorts rash

Hybrid View

$$ shorts rash

Purchased my first pair of PI microsensor shorts Saturday afternoon and after about 15 miles on Sunday I was uncomfortable and developed a sore/raw spot. Normally, i use PI ultrasensor, cheaper shorts, without a problem and for many more miles.

Do I just have a low end butt? Anybody use these shorts? Do they have a break in period? Was I just suckered? I assumed because my other PI shorts were great these would be even better.

This is one case where I did not get what I paid for...

SKM

Did you wash them when you brought them home? Can you tell what caused the owee? Is it a saddle sore, or did the chamois play a part? Both myself and Veronica were victims of a bad batch of Shebeest chamois - cut like a knife!

defect?

It is the edge of the chamois causing the problem. I did not wash them before the first wear. I figure I will try a wash and see if anything changes. I compared the chamois to my other shorts. The new chamois is thicker and a little smaller, both of which could cause the problem.

skm

Ow! That's what the Shebeest's did, the edge of the chamois left a good 3" cut on my bum! After you've washed 'em, check the edge again, hopefully it will have softened up.

If they don't get better, I'd return them. For the $$$ that PI charges, your bum should feel like it's floating on a cloud. Maybe it is a defect in the shorts?
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

I gotta say, some folks really recommended the Performance Ultras and I bought both a pair of PIs and the Ultras at the same time. The PIs are just not as comfortable as the Ultras - it feels like they abraid the area just outside the sit bone. Sorry I can't remember which model.