Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Amici Veloci - The 2007 Order Thread

I’ve finally got the new order process ready and Snap has graciously agreed to collect the orders with payment via PayPal. If we can get the orders collected by July 18, the orders will be shipped the week of Sept 10. They’ll go off to the equally gracious Velobambina (to avoid CA taxes) who will ship the individual jerseys.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Amici Veloci story, here is the short version. Back in August 2004 I was diagnosed with MS and was open about it on this forum. I decided I wanted to ride in the Top Hat Classic 2005 (a local MS ride) and I suddenly received an incredible email from jobob, snapdragen, aka_kim, veronica and Adventure_Girl (now collectively known as the Bored Members). They wanted to be on a team with me, and I'd never met them! Wow, was I an emotional mess. Our team grew to 15 strong and we were the largest non-corporate fundraising team (thanks to many of you). Out of that we decided that we needed a jersey but that also we would try to ride one charity ride a year. We want anyone and everyone who wants a jersey to have to opportunity to buy one and encourage all to wear it in a charity event.

FYI, NEW THIS YEAR – WOMEN’S SLEEVELESS CLUB!

The details:
    DEADLINE: JULY 18
    Photos: http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...loci%20jersey/
    Items available: See order form.
    Payment PayPal only. Send to snapdragen at address on order form.

**We need 25 short sleeve/sleeveless items for the minimum order.
    **A separate 25 item min applies to the combined arm warmer/long sleeve jerseys.

Domestic Shipping and PayPal fees: 1st class USA postage included in cost.
    International Shipping:Please look up at www.usps.com and add to your payment

Fit: if you have a local shop that carries Voler team kit, ask to try it on. Feel free to ask anyone who already has an AV or Cinderella jersey for fit advice and we’ll try to help. The photo is of me in a size med women's club cut short sleeve jersey and armwarmers (I'm 5' 3 1/2", 135 lbs and have generous boobage).

If you know anyone that isn’t on this forum that might like a jersey, please direct them to any of the forums or www.amiciveloci.org. I’ll post this same info there.
    May we all be Amici Veloci, fast friends.

Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Just a week thought for those of you who are travelling. Print out copies of the order form and take it with you. You never know when you can get a complete stranger in a parking lot to join in the fun.

I'm In!!!

SadieKate,

I would love to buy a jersey! Can I PM you to ask a few fit and ordering questions? Being extremely new to cycling, I'm debating the pros and cons of long sleeve vs. short sleeve w/arm warmers, and also club vs. race cut. Might also need a sleeveless... Can you please help?

Thanks!
    Teddy

P.S. LOVE the design and colors on your jerseys! They're very cool.
    P.P.S And someday when I learn to actually ride my beautiful new road bike, I hope to be able to do some charity rides too. Sigh...

Not SK, but...

Oh, just post your questions here. Chances are, someone else has the same question.

For the record, I also wear a medium. I'm 5'5", 155 pounds and I have boobs. God, I can't believe I said that.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I find long sleeve jerseys kind of confining. I only have one and it's a Voler. It fits well through the chest and shoulders, but feels tight over my forearms.

I also don't think it's as warm as I would like. So I prefer a short sleeve jersey with arm warmers. It also gives you more options.

Club vs race - if you're curvy, go club. If your hips are more than 10 -12 inches bigger than your waist, go club.

V.

TandemHearts.com

Thanks Veronica

Veronica - thanks for your reply. I just read SK's post a little farther down regarding ordering and didn't realize she was trying to go out of town and had asked those on the forum to help with ordering questions.

So, here goes:
    1. Race cut versus Club cut? Race cut is smaller/tighter??? I am 5'3, 120lbs., fairly muscular with very little boobage. I'm thinking Size Small, Race cut...?
    2. What do the arm warmers fit like? I have fairly large arms and am thinking the elastic at the top (there is elastic there, isn't there?) would be uncomfortable? Kinda like the elastic leg grippers on some cycling shorts - far too tight on my rather large legs.
    3. Which leads me to the conclusion that maybe one sleeveless and one long sleeve would be good...or is it more versatile to have the short sleeve with arm warmers? I live in Jackson, WY and it's only summer here about two months of the year. The rest of the year is winter or mud season. The catch-22 is that most of my riding outdoors would be done during the short summer months. A little could be done in spring or fall, but winter is definitely out since its a vast sea of ice and snow here for at least 4 - 5 months.

It wouldn't be so hard to decide if I actually knew what the heck I was doing, but being that I have zero experience cycling, I thought it best to ask questions and get advice before ordering.

Thanks so much.
    Teddy

V's right. Someone else will have the same questions. Guaranteed.

Please don't PM or email me. I'm packing for a 2 week trip and I won't be able to answer until late this month. I shouldn't even be typing this post.

Another note - the long sleeve jerseys are available in both the light weight fabric just like the short sleeve jerseys and also in the heavier fabric. Sometimes longsleeve jerseys are not as warm as a SS with an undershirt and armwarmers because they don't fit as snug over the arms but when I'm doing lots of layering with no intent to take anything off (can we say it was a cold winter here?), I prefer them.

OK, where is my sleeping bag?

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    For the record, I also wear a medium. I'm 5'5", 155 pounds and I have boobs. God, I can't believe I said that.

V.
    Quit bragging, you wench!!! LOL

Hey, you're welcome to a few of those pounds.

V.

TandemHearts.com