Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Thank you! I forgot that I have some Teavana teas! I've got a cup brewing right now! They were sampling a blend of Plum Harvest and Rooibos Sweet Amore. They're fine on their own, but become rich and complex when blended. Expensive, but I love it!

I also work in a meat locker - I mean recording studio that's kept brutally cold, so I drink hot tea all day long. I have to drink caffeine-free to help prevent breast fibroid lumps. For just everyday sipping (and cheap enough that I don't care if I leave a cup standing until it's cold) I like plain old Lipton's Decaffeinated Green Tea. As someone mentioned, regular green tea has caffeine, so you need to make sure it specifically says decaffeinated.

Perfect - my Plum Harvest/Rooibos Sweet Amore is ready to drink! Yum!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedal Wench
    Thank you! I forgot that I have some Teavana teas! I've got a cup brewing right now! They were sampling a blend of Plum Harvest and Rooibos Sweet Amore. They're fine on their own, but become rich and complex when blended. Expensive, but I love it!

I also work in a meat locker - I mean recording studio that's kept brutally cold, so I drink hot tea all day long. I have to drink caffeine-free to help prevent breast fibroid lumps. For just everyday sipping (and cheap enough that I don't care if I leave a cup standing until it's cold) I like plain old Lipton's Decaffeinated Green Tea. As someone mentioned, regular green tea has caffeine, so you need to make sure it specifically says decaffeinated.

Perfect - my Plum Harvest/Rooibos Sweet Amore is ready to drink! Yum!
    After reading this thread today I got a craving for my Teavana Peach Oolong...then I realized that the tea/tea ball/tea pot are already packed. I'll get to have tea in three weeks or so!

Electra Townie 7D

Choice Organics makes a Liquorice-Peppermint tea that's great - sounds wierd, but it's awesome.
    Aperte mala cm est mulier, tum demum est bona. -- Syrus, Maxims
    (When a woman is openly bad, she is at last good.)

Edepol nunc nos tempus est malas peioris fieri. -- Plautus, Miles Gloriosus
    (Now is the time for bad girls to become worse still.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lise
    Tiffanie, how did you discover your daughter's PVCs, and how do you know when she's having them?
    Lise, I pm'd you.
    ~~Tiffanie~~

Your biggest challenge isn't someone else.
    It's the ache in your lungs and the burning in your legs and the voice inside that yells "CAN'T".
    But you don't listen. You just push harder.
    And then you hear the voice whisper "CAN".
    And you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are.
    Author Unknown

Non-Caffeinated Teas

I don't think God intended for us to drink decaffeinated teas, but if you must, you must (joke!).

The only one that tastes anywhere near the Real Thing is Twinings Decaf Earl Grey. It's actually quite good, and I drink it in the evenings after work.

If you're a loose tea groupie like I am, there are excellent websites for ordering decaf loose tea that taste reasonably good -- better than the bags, anyway.

Good luck!

roooibos

My neighbours introduced me to Rooibos tea & ohhhh...mmmmmmm...esp with honey.

It's the only tea I actively hunt down...

c

Now this is tasty! http://www.celestialseasonings.com/p...roduct/988.php

I looked in my pantry and found this from last Christmas. I forgot how delicious it is! I'll bet the local store doesn't have it on the shelves until the holidays, though. I also love Nutcracker Sweet, but it's black (caffeinated) tea, so that's out. I tried drinking a cup of Chai tea with caffeine the other day-->heart goes whumpata, skip, whumpata, whumpata, skip...argh. It does that on its own, but it's noticeably worse after drinking caffeine.

I see that Celestial Seasonings has four kinds of Rooibos teas. Must try them all! http://www.celestialseasonings.com/p...ibos_index.php

This morning I learned that my glass-lined thermal carafe is no good. It looks fine, but makes that tinkling/crunching sound when moved, and closer inspection reveals big cracks in the top of the glass. OK. Reasons to shop. Always good.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

I only drink tea occasionally, but I've been happy with The Republic of Tea brand. Right now I have the Orange Spice Green Tea flavor and it's delicious, but I don't think it's caffiene free. Their website lists all the flavors they have that are caffiene free

www.republicoftea.com

I'm not sure where you are located, but Cost Plus World Market carries a good selection of tea. I always enjoy going there and finding something new.

Love Tea - having a cuppa right now.

I love this Tea Company.
    http://www.dilmahtea.com/web/home.asp

Have a look they do Decaf.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Lise - what was your opinion on the Tension Tamer?
    Keep calm and carry on...

Lise

Thanks for this thread. I have been getting some sort of palpitations and perhaps they are PVCs also.

I need to seriously cut back on coffee. I am a total slug until I have a couple strong cups. Time to detox with herbal teas. Then having a cup with be a treat-not a necessity.

Quill
    Yes, SHE can.

"Angels fly because they take themselves lightly"
    Gilbert K. Chesterton

I am caffeine sensitive, as I have found that stuff gives me the jitters something fierce! So, my tea tends to be Good Earth's Original Sweet and Spicy herb tea. Brew it a bit strong and it doesn't need sugar.
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

2010 Kelson custom/Brooks B17 Imperial
    2009 Masi/Terry Damselfly
    2004 Specialized Dulce Elite/Terry Damselfly
    2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara/unknown saddle
    1987 Bridgestone 100/Terry Liberator X

There's a great tea shop in Forest Park on Madison near Harlem called Todd and Holland. They also have a website you can order from, but it's more fun to drop in and have tea!

I've had to give up caffiene because of MVP, anxiety and reflux. I really miss a good cup of dark roast coffee

Carol

Republic of Tea just came out with an Apple Cider herbal tea. It's really great!

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Quote Originally Posted by bikerz
    Lise - what was your opinion on the Tension Tamer?
    Haven't tried it yet--I'm saving it to take to work tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think!

Quillfred--if the palpitations keep up, it would be a good idea to see your doc. Mine were benign, but not all are.

I remember trying Good Earth's Sweet and Spicy and finding it to be way too sweet for me!

I woke up from a nap today really wanting a cup of coffee, mainly for the taste. Held off even making decaf, and had some Sweet Coconut Chai decaf instead.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock