Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Instead of just checking the plan every day in half-committed state, I put it down in the computer today with dates and everything, and will be putting it on paper tomorrow so I can cross the days off. One more step to mental commitment! I plan on signing up tomorrow, too, which is step 2 of mental commitment. (Thanks to you guys!) I left the website front and center on my (other) PC. Not stalling, it's just more convenient to do it there, this PC is a PITA.

Happy to hear you are signing up!!!!

Too bad it's SO FAR from Texas! I love cheering for people!

Well, we will be with you in spirit!
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside thoroughly used-up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

KSH -

I wish running was easy too!! I'm a terrible runner... but I'm trying. I am truly inspired by the sheer determination you demonstrate in these posts. What an attitude you have!! I have no doubt that you will conquer this.

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by KSH

Happy to hear you are signing up!!!!

Too bad it's SO FAR from Texas! I love cheering for people!

Well, we will be with you in spirit!
    Well, I took the leap. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it, yet -- anxious, I think

Anxiety is our friend

Of course you're anxious! You'd be nutty if you weren't! Anxiety got me out the door to train when I didn't want to. Anxiety got me to do those long training runs when I did not believe I could run that far. Do try to enjoy it, too, and train smart--carry your Gu and water, or whatever you use.

Running a marathon, doing a triathlon, these things are amazing to me. I've done 4 sprints, 4 olys, a 1/2 marathon and the Chicago Marathon. Who, me? Be proud of yourself! Once I signed up, I magically became a "marathon runner" in my own mind.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock