Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

To disable ads, please log-in.

I think the idea is just being tossed around here, but if it were firmed up it shouldn't be too hard to get the word out to other forums, etc., right?

“Hey, clearly failure doesn’t deter me!”

Ok, I just got back from my tri in so cal and I was happy to see that we have a spark. I *may* have a line on inexpensive t-shirts that we could get screen printed and take a picture of ourselves in the tee with our bike.
    I'm thinking of having it say " A woman should never be afraid to ride alone" and say "in memory of...." at the bottom. What do you gals think? I can look into it. Nothing fancy, just a nice simple tee. And I really like the idea of sending a picture to the family with a note of condolence. I think I'll also find a charity to send some $$ to in her name. I just want them to know she didn't die in vain.

Keep us updated Running Mommy!
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

did she have a favorite charity? It's often referenced in the obit.

there is an online guest book formed for people to post a message

http://www.legacy.com/Atlanta/Guestb...sonID=18695293
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

How do they let these people free?

I want to keep following this case, to see what ends up happening with the law and/or safety precautions on trails, etc. I just read this update from 11 Alive news in Atlanta. It's very disturbing that this man was ever allowed to be free in this country.
    http://11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=82755
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    John Lennon, "Beautiful Boy"

........It is as sad as the case of the young woman (Ardeth Woods), who was killed while riding her bike on a hot summer's day on our eastern pathway system here in Ottawa Ontario Canada. It took almost two years to get the bastard that did it--and it forever changed the way we look at cycling here in the nation's capitol. My heart goes out to her family--and may they find some peace in the good fortune the suspect has been caught.

I went back into this thread to find the links to post in my blog entry today and ended up rereading the entire thread. I'm bumping it in case others want to as well. It brought tears to my eyes, especially following the links and remembering those days when we were waiting for more info and better news than we finally got.

Also, I think we should start a new thread tomorrow for people to post pics of themselves "riding for jenny" wherever we are.

Tomorrow's the day.

Remember Jenny.

“Hey, clearly failure doesn’t deter me!”