Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Originally posted by missliz

Giddy on dirt- made my Xmas deadline and saw a deer, several hawks, and an eagle doing it. Now that's breakfast! [/B]
    Together? What really goes on in the Bayou? Come on, Lizzy, give us the Hard Copy update!

I think the caffeine answer is - it depends on your physical state. Caffeine makes me jittery, so I have decaf with a touch of caff. But I have IBS, so any kind of coffee irritates that. Pity too, I love coffee and all the good kinds have caffeine. Starbucks Ethiopian is a gift from our Goddess.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Ooooh that is pretty awful! No, I didn't spot an interspecies swinging scene; supposedly there's a bear back there and I'm sure he would have been in the middle of it...
    New Orleans is a major center for coffee importing and roasting, so we have so many independent coffee shops who roast their own you wouldn't beleive it. Good coffee everywhere, and somebody here makes this onion and chive cream cheese for bagels you just wouldn't beleive- all the coffee houses have it and that's a fabulous breakfast, oniony stuff on a bagel with coffee! Who would of thought they'd be so great together? Not so good for the girlish figure though.

Lizzy

If any you all get a crack at any Louisiana oysters- they're the best they've been in a lot of years, really awesome. Don't pass them up.

Here is a Yahoo link that just came out about caffeine:

http://health.yahoo.com/search/miavi...s&p=id%3A38092

The upshot: It's OK for you, unless it isn't
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Originally posted by Dogmama
    Here is a Yahoo link that just came out about caffeine:

http://health.yahoo.com/search/miavi...s&p=id%3A38092

The upshot: It's OK for you, unless it isn't
    My theory is that there are a lot worse thing to be addicted to... meth, alcohol, cigarettes, coke....

;-)

Irulan
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

PB and a good "carb" fruit

I am with all of you on coffee, must have my coffee. I like to eat lite tho b4 a workout, so Irulan, have you tried peanut butter on a banana?

Quick, easy, some protein, some fat, and a good carb fruit.
    Ride like a girl.

Renee

talking about food, has anyone tried the South Beach Diet?

I would love to try it but am afraid of not getting enough carbs for energy when riding or spinning. I am just addicted to carbs and need to lose weight.

Kate -

I don't think you should cut out carbs as they tell you to do initially. For me, the rule of thumb is this:

Nothing 'white' - bread, pasta, taters, refined sugars, etc...

Hi Protien - eggs w/ chz for breakfast - as soon as I get up - 3 hrs later it is usually melon w/ cottage cheese (very high in protien) - 3 hours later and it is lunch (chicken, turkey, etc...not a red meat eater) on a salad - 3 hours later apple w/ smuckers natural peanut butter (NO sugar added) - 3 hours later, dinner...again protien with veggies and a salad.

If you are hungry in between, peanuts are always a good snack or carrots...

I used to LIVE on grain carbs - and I don't feel the drain and I don't miss them...

...as a matter of fact - I feel horrible when I eat them now.

High protien and natural carbs from fruit and veggies is my recommendation...

Also, if you want to burn fat - when you start your ride, ease into it and breathe through your nose exclusively for about 20 - 30 minutes, that helps burn fat as opposed to building your heart muscle.
    Stay Tuned....

Question about the "breathing"

Lv -- I need to ask you about the science behind your statement:

Also, if you want to burn fat - when you start your ride, ease into it and breathe through your nose exclusively for about 20 - 30 minutes, that helps burn fat as opposed to building your heart muscle.
    I am not familiar with this at all, I am very familiar with proper diaphragmatic breathing during cycling. But even this is not a mechanism to burn fat, it is a mechanism to increase the volume of oxygen intake per breath (as well as to assist with bringing the heartrate down).

Maybe I misinterpreted your statement...
    Ride like a girl.

Renee

Miss Liz's pizza

By the way Miss Liz, I LOVE your recipe for the pizza, I am going to try that this weekend!!! (I do love peanut butter though so I am partial!).
    Ride like a girl.

Renee

V -

Regarding the breathing - my trainer, who is a body builder, is the one that told me that -

The philosophy is that the oxygen you do take in goes toward burning fuel - in this case fat - instead of building muscle - in this case, your heart.

I am not sure he has any scientific data to support - but perhaps I will ask him....

Lv
    Stay Tuned....