Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

2006 Stanley cup finals

To disable ads, please log-in.

WAHIEEIEOEOEOEOOEOEOEOEOOEEOOEOE...... Overseas Edmonton chick here...

Sitting here listening to game 6 & very excited that game 7 is on...in Carolina...The noise is just amazing!! It's hard to hear the play by play!!!

I've been following the hockey season, the west conference final & now the finals but because of the time difference i can't listen to it at work...

So i skipped my off road ride today just to be able to listen live...!!! I'll do a road ride tonight...

Let's go oilers!!! It's good to hear/see the Edmonton fans are really getting into it.

It's been a long time since we had the cup..

c
    Last edited by crazycanuck; 06-17-2006 at 06:57 PM. Reason: game 7

Whoo-hooo!!!! I watched the game too!!! Come Monday....

(Since my beloved Canucks didn't even get into the playoffs, I am cheering on the Oilers.)

Where are you from Crazycanuck?

Hockey

I'm from edmonton...!!! I remember the good ol days of the oilers...the dynasty years...

I still remember how upset Edmonton was when Gretz scored on his own goal and then married Janet..

Fingers crossed!!!

It's interesting that alot of the players from the dynasty years are still with the organization. Even joey smith, the lockeroom boy is still there!!!

c

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck
    I'm from edmonton...!!! I remember the good ol days of the oilers...the dynasty years...

I still remember how upset Edmonton was when Gretz scored on his own goal and then married Janet..

Fingers crossed!!!

It's interesting that alot of the players from the dynasty years are still with the organization. Even joey smith, the lockeroom boy is still there!!!

c
    Yeah, my hubby is from Edmonton too and he is always pointing out the guys from the "dynasty years"....

I'm sure sorry I don't have any Edmonton players in my hockey pool, but then I doubt anyone but a diehard Edmontonian would have had any...

rats.....

Pooo

Pooey...Darn..***********...pooeey...ARGH...poooooo

(i can't remember your name....) Did you watch the game???

I followed the typed play by play on nhl.com as i couldn't listen live. My co worker's son taped the game for me though...

Oh well, they made it to the stanley cup finals & have made edmonton proud. I'm not complaining!!!

c

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck
    Pooey...Darn..***********...pooeey...ARGH...poooooo

(i can't remember your name....) Did you watch the game???

I followed the typed play by play on nhl.com as i couldn't listen live. My co worker's son taped the game for me though...

Oh well, they made it to the stanley cup finals & have made edmonton proud. I'm not complaining!!!

c
    Yeah, I watched most of it. It was very fast skating and quite exciting. The Hurricanes played really well and I couldn't help feeling good for them, especially since so many of them are Canadian boys. Their rookie goalie, Cam Ward (from AB I think) won the Con Smythe (sp?)

barb

You know, the series was so good as a whole that by the end I couldn't help but be happy for Carolina too! I mean both teams played great, fast paced, hard hitting, excellent hockey. I mean, who can complain about that kind of series? Last time around it was like that too, Tampa/Calgary, seven amazing games, down to the last second, and Tampa had a stockpile of Canadian boys!

Ok, I realize this is OLD news, but I"m new to the boards and just catching up on threads. I'm just THRILLED to see other female hockey fans here.

I'm new to cycling and just started to play tennis as well - suck equally at both, but WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad I found this board - ya'll seem to be just great!

I wasn't hanging out here during the Stanley Cup, but since this thread has been resurrected, just allow me to say:

I LOVE THE CANES!

~Emily
    (near Raleigh, NC)
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow