Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

First tour...so excited!

To disable ads, please log-in.

On June 24 I start my first ever supported tour! It's a six day, camping at high schools etc. I have my packing list, got stuff pretty much figured out but I am wondering...am I gonna want a camp chair? I can fit one in my duffle and stay within my weight limits.

Has anyone ever done the PALM? That's the ride I am doing. I have no idea how hilly it will be! My guess is the west side and into the middle will be hilly, the rest, fairly flat.

I would want a chair! I even have a camp chair that folds up to the size of a water bottle (but it isn't very comfortable!!) At any triathlon, picnic, anything where there are people sitting around outdoors, it's nice to be able to sit and relax.

Nanci
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Are you taking a Therm-a-Rest pad? If so they make this thing that converts your sleeping pad into a chair. You sit right on the ground but it is very comfy. I use one on my backpacking trips.
    Here's a link:
    As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." ~Benjamin Franklin

I have one of those, but it doesn't fit the pad I am taking. the one I am taking is heavy, self inflating with a good amount of padding I intend to sleep like a baby!