Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: nOOb in nEEd!

To disable ads, please log-in.

My SO/DP/DPITA/wife has the Trek. She loves it, and has ridden it 85 miles in one day. (I tried one, and hated it. Doesn't mean it's a bad bike, just not the right one for me and the way my body likes to ride.)

She's had hers for 4 or 5 years now, and not had any troubles with it. I keep asking her if she wants a new (i.e. faster, sexier) bike and she says no. We've done big road rides and gravel/dirt path rides and group rides and just the two of us rides and she's ridden alone. She's happy with her bike.

Edit: PS. My new bike is a $400 Kona Dew www.konaworld.com
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 06-30-2006 at 04:05 PM.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

And you love it? There is a cycler's cafe here that sells Kona...perhaps I'll run over there & have a look. I think I have some friends that ride, maybe I need to pester them to come with me to shop.

Y'all are going to be so happy when I finally buy a bike so I'll quit asking so many questions!

Thanks again,
    D

Yup, I love it. It's a great commuter bike for me and the way I ride. I miss my old steel bikes, and would like to get a second bike. (in the past I've always sold the old bike to buy the new) My next will be a tourer, all steel (Soma or Surly or similar), with Campy and Ritchey and Brooks.... and a whole lot more expensive than my Kona workhorse. But THIS time I intend to keep the old when I buy the new (in a year or two or three).

Don't be afraid to ask questions! We all do!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Done Deal!!

I'm happy to announce the arrival of the newest member of my family...

http://schellers.com/itemdetails.cfm...gId=39&id=2591

Wooohoooooo! Congratulations!

Sweet! That's a very good looking bike
    "The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to venture beyond them into the impossible." ~Arthur C. Clarke

residentgeek.livejournal.com

Sweet! Start puttin' those miles on him/her/it -)

Grrrrrrrrrrrreat, enjoy it now!