Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Dumb Bicycle Move

To disable ads, please log-in.

Well, I was out on my 48 mile ride today and climbing a hill when I realized that I was in the big ring. No wonder it was so hard! So I plunked it down to the middle one which was too big a jump given I was going at a snail's pace, and practically stopped dead, couldn't clip out and fell kerplunk. Luckily it was on an embankment of mulch and I didn't hurt myself at all. Just felt *really* dumb. Oh well. Still learning about my gears (although usually I am better than that).

I had the same experience last summer, except I fell into some blackberry bushes and my SIL had to pull me out and unclip my shoes for me! Now, every time I have to ride that hill, I have flashbacks, and it's such a mental thing to just get to the top.

Being a cyclist means you collect all kinds of embarrassing experiences!

Tamara
    "It's a fine line between hobby and mental illness."

oh yes.... i've had many of those dumb bike moves.

the worse one for me was when i first got my new clipless pedals, i was crusin around town and my boss just got in with her new puppy and i stopped to look.... well i slowed down and BAM! on the ground was i..... who knew you had to clip out of them too. thankfully i can laugh about it now.

Mine was in the parking lot at a hotel on my anniversary.