Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 299 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349399799 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

CWR--gorgeous pictures. Thank you!
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

the second photo does NOT look quiet! quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Beautiful pics CWR! Very nice!

Update on Roux. He's in his 2nd day of chemo and is doing well. He's showing no side effects at all. They're shortening the time between dosages because he is doing so well. This means that he will be home on Saturday! They will give us some preliminary info on tumor shrinkage this evening.
    Elizabee (age 5) at the doctor's office: "I can smell sickness in here...I smell the germs"

THat's great news, fish!!
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

thanks! i have other really pretty pictures from around here somewhere. you can see the volcanos in them.

fish glad to hear about roux!
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Fish - so good to hear about Roux!

Bean sends him a tail-wag and a friendly snif.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Fish, I'm delighted to hear things are going so well with Roux.

CWR, are you also doing gov't work? I can't remember. If so, I'm going to designate more of my tax dollars to go to both you and the Fish/Bee Dr.!

The dating saga: Mr. FarAway is interested in seeing me again. It's about a 45 min drive for each of us to meet in the middle, or 1.5 hr for either of us to get to the other. This may, or may not be worth it. I will see him at least one more time. I like the guy, but do I have time for this kind of travel? He also has a 13 yr old daughter, and, of course, she's the priority.

A vey attractive man who lives closer to me is emailing...I'd like to meet him, at least.

And Mr. Canceled By Email At Midnight Before Our Second Date got back in touch! This was the guy who kissed me passionately after dinner, really wanted to see me again, made a biking date, and then emailed me the night before, yes, at midnight, that he couldn't do it, because of work. The entire text was: "L! I'm screwed with work!!! So sorry!!! R." I never heard from him again. Imagine my surprise when he emailed me today, to tell me he'd been hit by a drunk driver, and spent the summer recovering. Says he feels terrible for not "reaching out" to me. I did reply, expressing my surprise and sympathy, hope your healing goes well, take care, etc. I wanted to say, "and your excuse for never calling me the day of the date you cancelled was....?" What a trip. Decent of him to contact me, though. If I ever saw him again, I'd be checking for scars. Cynical? I guess.
    Last edited by Lise; 09-21-2006 at 02:14 PM.
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Ha! I just heard back from him. This accident was the day of the Accenture tri, which was August 27. He ditched me on May 26. He did say, "Please accept my apologies." I accepted. Take care. bye.
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

the majority I've dated had kids. They're the ones who understand my kid-centric priorities.

I did have one tell me her kids were top priority in her life, but she wanted to be the top priority in my life. Not SKnot.

Uh. Yeah. Buh-bye.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

lise i am a gov't worker x2. support your postal service also.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Lise - oh my! That's too bad that Mr. Faraway is so, well, far away. Maybe something will click on the next date. And Mr. Crappyexcuse needs to ... well... tell him he can kiss some other part of your anatomy! Good luck with Mr. Cutie Guy.

I'm running around the house trying make sure the house will pass the city inspection. For some wierd reason they focus on light globes and light bulbs. Very odd. So - I'm taking inventory.
    Elizabee (age 5) at the doctor's office: "I can smell sickness in here...I smell the germs"

shameless self pity

\rant on

F*ckityF*ckF*ckF*ck

I had a doc appt today with the gastroenterologist. Long story short, after spending some time up my butt he declared that I am not allowed to ride my bike for 6 weeks. A fight I've had in the past with him and won, I did not win today.

Now, I really like my GI and he understands what cycling means to me etc. I've been seeing him for 4 years. But right now, I severely dislike him. Even if I know he's right.

I plan on taking up a drinking habit in the interim.

/rant over
    "Only the meek get pinched, the bold survive"

Quote Originally Posted by betagirl View Post
    I had a doc appt today with the gastroenterologist. Long story short, after spending some time up my butt he declared that I am not allowed to ride my bike for 6 weeks. A fight I've had in the past with him and won, I did not win today.

Now, I really like my GI and he understands what cycling means to me etc. I've been seeing him for 4 years. But right now, I severely dislike him. Even if I know he's right.
    Oh Beta. How miserable. I'll pout with you for awhile.

Did that help any?

Take care and do what you know is best.
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

Aw, beta. That's gonna be hard! We're here for ya though - vent to your heart's content.
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

awww, beta, NO WAY! What's the reasoning? I'm sure it's solid, but that just sucks. And all you have to go through for the evals, etc, sucks too. So sorry. Are you glad you got in that last century for the year?

Fish--good luck with the inspection. Now I can feel reassured that my gov't's using my tax dollars well, supporting you and CWR in your good work.

Yeah, how about that "I got hit by a drunk driver this summer...my life has been spent healing up...I feel terrible about not reaching out to you..." Oh? When were you hit? Really? Two months after you stood me up? Hmmm. Well, you should feel terrible. Sorry he got hit. That's awful. But it does suggest he was seeing someone--got hit by a car--is now single--trolling around to see what action he might scare up with me. Sheesh.

Driving home tonight, two people running, side by side, in the street. We have great sidewalks around here. And the guy was dressed all in navy blue, nearly invisible in the dark. Why?
    Last edited by Lise; 09-21-2006 at 07:32 PM.
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock