Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 662 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 1625626126526586596606616626636646656666727127621162 ... LastLast
Results 9,916 to 9,930 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

Um, actually, that shower is kind of something special. Go girl.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

weather

IT was 17 degrees when I went to play tennis last night - probably about 25 in the tented "heated" tennis court area. And, I started playing tennis for something to do when it is too cold to ride?

Quote Originally Posted by spokewench View Post
    IT was 17 degrees when I went to play tennis last night - probably about 25 in the tented "heated" tennis court area. And, I started playing tennis for something to do when it is too cold to ride?
    I think the tennis place needs to have the concept of "heated" explained to them.

Electra Townie 7D

sounds like my apartment!

It's snowing here again, still. sigh.

Must. Ride. Bike.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

It's snowing here today too, the locks on my little Ranger were frozen solid.

Electra Townie 7D

Well, we got lulled into believing the weather forecasters, and got caught unprepared. DH did not bring his work home today, and he is not leaving the house for a while (nor am I!)
    what will he do? What will I do? It's beautiful out and COLD! 28 degrees is NOT a turning to rain temperature..
    the snow is accumulating on everything since the ground is well frozen.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Ya know, I can't even figure out which one to post in anymore....

CWR - congrats on the shower!! Feels good, doesn't it? As for the cute foot, it is just trying to keep up with the rest of your cuteness. And on the xray vision thing... I can't go there. I don't want to have to explain how I can tell what color undies people are wearing. (or not wearing ) BTW, nice blue bikinis there **mumble mumble**.

Oh, and since PITA probably didn't give you any flowers for your recovery, here ya go sis. Enjoy!!

Mimi - I've got a few suggestions on what you two could be doing with your snow day but I'll just keep my trap shut.

Queen - I feel for you on the hammer guy. I can see how that would be maddening. Next time, try a really nice pneumatic nail gun. You could probably nail him from 50 feet away and have some peace and quiet.

Salsa - I really hope you get to bring your kitties home soon. The offer is still there for the kneecapping of the contractor. Kit is just waiting for a new assignment. Don't want her to lose her skills now...

Dangit. All outta time. Gotta go to USPS and send some goodies before work. Catch y'all later. Have an ice-free, safe day.
    Oh, that's gonna bruise...
    Only the suppressed word is dangerous. ~Ludwig Börne

I do NOT want to venture out to go to work today! This is nuts! Why isn't the clinic closed!?!

PT is not life-or-death! At least it *shouldn't* be!

I'm seriously considering walking in and walking home, because getting out of my apt complex is gonna be impossible!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    I do NOT want to venture out to go to work today! This is nuts! Why isn't the clinic closed!?!

PT is not life-or-death! At least it *shouldn't* be!

I'm seriously considering walking in and walking home, because getting out of my apt complex is gonna be impossible!
    how far away is the clinic, Knot?
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA

It's only 4 miles, and one of my coworkers drives in at the same time I go. I'll call her in a bit and see if she might be able to pick me up along the way. I just do NOT want to try to get out of my apt or try the hills. I have AWD, but with snow over ice on hills and surrounded by drivers who don't know how to handle it... uh, no thanks, I know my limits!

Besides, the walk will do me good. I'm getting a jiggly blob of fat on my previously gorgeous abs!

I want to walk the 4 miles to my office too, but not when there is ice under snow! Good luck getting there, don't do any driving, i agree, it's too crazy!
    I'll just sit here and wait.... maybe summer will come.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA

Jeez, my school district is closed again today. It's a measure of the construction symphony (the air compressor concerto, etc.) that I really, really didn't want another snow day. Got the earplugs in already. Plan to try driving over to the library later with the laptop if it gets too bad. Aughh. Enough already.

X, let's not kill the contractor as long as they're actually here getting work done...wait for inactivity as the signal...

It's actually looking really nice. They're in the middle of laying new white oak hardwood floors. It's very cool.

Just wondering who's going to pay for all this, though. Not us, right? Oog.

I showed the dermatologist some itchy little bumps on my elbow and got a biopsy for my trouble (nothing scary--maybe gluten sensitivity, but I don't think so). My life is just a series of adventures.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Yeah!!!! It stopped raining here and the wind died down.

It's been a lovely sunny, crisp and frosty day - what we should be having at this time of year. Unfortunately I was supposed to be 'working at home' and couldn't get out on my bike.

Oh yes, and my window cleaner, who has been AWOL for the past couple of months finally showed up. Hmmm, maybe it wasn't as dark and overcast as I thought it was out there Scared the living daylights out of me suddenly appearing at my study window!
    If it's not one thing it's another

Salsa - if you end up on a gluten adventure (which gets worse with stress, by the way. Hmmm, have you been in stressful conditions lately? ) be sure to contact OffTheGrid and I. We'd be happy to be your guides!

Decided to try driving in after all, but I'm taking all my walking-in-snow gear, just in case.

everyone be careful getting around in the bad weather.

we had some really strong winds last night and rain. so its slick outside. there is even more ice for me to fall on. great......

i'm back at work today, yawning, i can't stop. i got to use to sleeping in! then again i never knew how much effort it took to really get ready in the morning. i'm wiped! keep putting my foot up on my desk every few minutes. its throbbing a bit. hmmm.... pain pills are probably not helping with the drowsiness. oh well. i'm here attempting to work. not like i do much more on a regular day.

pst.... X i had those on yesterday, today is pink. and THANK YOU!
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.