Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Threaded View

Hi from the mountains in Utah!

I'm 35 and finally going to get back into biking this summer.

We used to bike a lot like 8 years ago before we had kids and sold our previous bikes so I am back on the hunt for a new bike and will probably ask for advice on a few I am thinking about in the mountain bike sub board. I haven't biked like I said previously for about 8 years, we had a son in that time period that is now 6 1/2 fresh off training wheels and working to hit the trails this summer. We live in the Wasatch mountains here in Utah and bike trails are a few minutes from our house, which is I think why we are considering those opposed to hybrids. Since it's been years since I bought a bike I would say a lot has changed just by browsing bikes and brands. Though perhaps not that board seems very dead. I don't even think I have most of the gear anymore especially those comfy shorts so I need to start looking for another pair or two. I would say hopefully I'm pretty fit we indoor rock climb once a week and I'm used to chasing a very active little boy around. Looking forward to reading the boards and catching up with fellow lady bikers.
    Last edited by kellyzollo; 04-03-2018 at 04:18 PM.