Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
My honey is retiring in 18 days and we are packing up to head back to our condo... in Florida. *sigh*

Here's hoping everyone in it's path is safe and this thing fizzles out soon.
May your condo come through this well - and everyone in the state! It doesn't look good, even if the path has moved to the west and it won't be a direct hit on Miami. Still, it's a monster storm and it looks like the entire state is under evacuation orders. I've an aunt who lives in Ocala and she didn't think they COULD get out without running out of gas so they are staying put...

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
And they have yet to announce any preparations in my area. I am less than 50 miles north of Savannah, GA, and we will be impacted. I'm fine, but what about people with no transportation? We are a typical Southern area with few public services, and a lot of people who are underserved.
Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
My original reservation is for M-F of next week. I have another for a separate hotel just on Sunday. When I made my reservation, days ago, there was nothing. It's even located on the same street in Atlanta. So at Marriott on Sunday, La Quinta for the rest. Though if people leave early, which does happen, I might get to stay at Marriott the entire time. Hate moving my stuff around. (But at least I won't have to park my car in a Walmart lot Sunday night! Their security cameras make it the safest place. Especially traveling with a bike on top of my car).
Hopefully your area will be ok Muireen, I hadn't realized how close you are to Savannah. Stay safe, and glad to hear you found a place! It IS good to hear that people started taking this seriously early enough that they started making reservations early.