Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by wnyrider View Post
    Thanks for posting that video link Sky King. I had never heard of the Baja Divide ride. Having finished a supported Southern Tier tour in May, I can't help but envy your courage! What a challenging adventure you will be setting out on.
    Please post when you decide on the sleeping bags.... or might they be quilts? I'm in the midst of trying to decide which to buy myself.
    Yes, thinking quilts. My sleeping bag is a 20 degree bag and bulkier than I'd like for this trip, plus it will be warm. Of course going lighter means $$$. I have a Costco down blanket I have seriously considered sewing some flaps on to convert to a "quilt" one of my friends did that but she is barely 5' tall and I am 5'5" so not sure it would work for me. I have used the down blanket with my silk liner on a couple of trips and it does work. Decision, decisons
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

that baja divide ride looks like a wonderful challenging trip Sky....with incredibly beautiful country, views and good people. Great website too!!!! Fly into LAX and I'll take you two to a great dinner, our place to spend the night and drive you and your gear to san diego!!!!!
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Wow looks really tough...nearly all off-road riding with gear on that terrain. http://www.bikepacking.com/plog/baja-divide-film/ My best wishes for a glorious but safe trip, Sky King.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Hoping it will be not much different than the Owyhee Desert rides we do. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1015294.jpg 
Views:	523 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	18315
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Can't say how much different, but I'd be willing to bet that what you have learned on those Owyhee rides will be put to good use. That's some pretty rough country, too. Would love to turn one of my fat bikes loose in either country.