It's been a long time since I've posted here. I'm looking for insoles for my cycling shoes. It's more for comfort than support. However, I keep reading that cyclists need very stiff sportive arch support. My arches are medium high and rigid. I lift weights barefoot and think my arches have gotten stronger.

Last year I ended up with peroneal tendonitis in my left leg. I still have some pain around my ankle, especially skiing and biking. My PT said if I use insoles they need to be neutral with soft arch support. She said too much support will cause me to supinate. She was talking regular shoes but I wonder if the same applies to bicycling shoes. All of the cycling insoles seem to have lots of arch support. I have ESoles but even the lowest arch bothers my feet. With my injured leg I can't clip in. I have a pair of Specialized insoles, low arch support, and they felt good until 10 miles then my metatarsals started feeling hot. Last year I used walking shoe insoles with metatarsal support but they are thick and hot.

I had my bike refitted last week and the fitter thought the ESoles were great. I'll call him to see what he suggests but am afraid he'll want to use a stiff, supportive insole. I've also asked other fitters but they didn't come up with any thing.

Any suggestions?