Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Swim suit care?

Hybrid View

In a top-loading machine I'd put it in a lingerie bag. That will help keep it from wrapping around the agitator and getting all stretched out.

Have fun! Glad you found something you like.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Success! I dug the giant lingerie bag out of the drawer where I keep the cycling gear for bad weather. I keep it there because I use mesh bags to keep small things organized within the giant tote bag of extra clothes that I bring to fall, winter and early spring rides. It was large enough for the top and both bottoms, and they came through the wash unscathed. Then I hung them to dry, and they're now good to go!

But then, as I was taking the other clothes out of the washer I discovered a hole in my favorite denim capri pants, right on the butt next to one of the pockets. I am bummed! I really like the way they fit and they're a dark wash which makes them okay in situations when I have to look reasonably neat. I'm going to see if there's a way I can patch the hole on the inside so they are still wearable. I wonder what caused the hole? And how long has it been there? Because I probably wore orange underwear the last time I wore them.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles