I'm looking at ordering a new bike, I think I'm going to go with a Specialized Ruby although I haven't decided on which model yet (Comp or Elite). I'm not sure whether I'll be a 54 or a 57. A year ago, I rented a Roubaix in a size 54, and that seemed fine but I only rode for like 90 minutes in a social ride so I'm not sure I'd be able to tell.

I currently own a men's Trek Domane 4.5 in size 56 and I'm happy with the fit. My fitter changed out the stem for a bit longer than the factory stem to get a longer reach (apparently I have really really long arms). I'm 5'9" tall. I haven't talked to the person doing my fitting about this because he's at a Trek store. I'm pretty happy with my Trek (so why am I looking at a new bike? I don't know. Because I want a new bike :-) I also want to have two bikes so I can keep them in two different places and not always transport them).

The bike shop I'm working with doesn't have any of the size 57 Specialized women's bikes for me to try. They're actually suggesting maybe I should try a Roubaix.

I know there are women here who are masters at figuring out geometry (unfortunately I'm not). Any thoughts on either a 54 or a 57?

Amy