I had another mishap last September and put my bikes up for sale. I didn't try very had to sell them so of course nobody bought them. It's hard to sell bikes in the fall anyway. So I decided I would try bicycling this year. I'm not sure how I serious I was about quitting riding because I signed up for the MS150 this year, not that I have to ride it.

Most of my troubles have been the result of inattentiveness to my surroundings because I kept checking my HRM or the Garmin. So . . . I took the stuff off the bicycle and put it away and this happened:

I have gone on three rides and loved them! No technology. Wow . . so much fun. I didn't feel like it had to check things to make sure I was doing as well as everyone else. Who cares when you have no data. And of course, I paid more attention to everything. I still can't believe what a difference not having that stuff makes! The rides were just so enjoyable. I don't know how fast I went, my average speed, how many miles I rode, my average heart rate, calories, burned, etc. And it didn't bother me like I thought it would!

Nice weather, too! Who would have thought it would be 67 degrees in March in Minnesota!