Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

2015 Exercise Log/Challenge

To disable ads, please log-in.

Since this has worked well in the past, here is a link to a copy of the exercise log I posted last year. This is on Google Docs/Drive so there is no need to save anything to your computer.

Enter your desired number of hours for the 4 month goal. For each month enter the appropriate number of hours and the formula fields will calculate things for you. The following fields are calculated so no need to enter time in them:

Cumulative Hours Completed
    Hours Left on Main Goal
    Total for all Goals

Some found it helpful last year to have a secondary set of goals, use if you wish. Please let me know if anything else would be helpful to add to the spreadsheet. This can be used to track any kind of exercise, whatever is helpful to you. I CAN protect the formula driven fields but I don't know how well that works in the shared Google document environment.
    Last edited by Catrin; 11-30-2014 at 02:52 PM.

Catrin, I'm in, but when I went to type my name in the field, I can't do anything. Forgive me if I am tech-stupid. I know I participated in this last year... do I need to join anything?
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Crankin, it should work now. I accidentally set it for VIEWING, not editing. That has been fixed, and I checked it on another browser where I wasn't signed into Google but please let me know!
    Last edited by Catrin; 11-30-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Working!
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

I'm all set. Counted yesterday's ride and this morning's boot camp.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Glad to hear that it is working for others. I logged my hour row yesterday, today is a rest day.

Catrin are the hours in the supplemental goal over and above the total goal? I think I misinterpreted this. When I put in 20 hours of cycling related activity as my supplemental, I meant as part of the 100, and now I see it being added to the cumulative number. Advise, please!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

It is above and beyond the first goal You could either change the formula, or simply decrease the main goal by 20 to have your total 100 hours.

I think I'll get rid of the supplemental goal and increase the total.
    When I can do it on my computer, and not on my phone.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Sounds like a good approach Crankin, as I recall not everyone found the supplemental goal useful but some did. I just logged my kettlebell sport training session from tonight - it felt great and my teres minor tendinitis seems to have calmed :-)

Posted my row from last night on the spreadsheet. Also had some time for a little KB work.

I rested today. Good thing it was a scheduled rest day; last night I did not feel like cooking, so DH and I went to a local café where I had a healthy dinner of a cup of butternut squash/apple soup and grilled tuna with lentils. I woke up with a weird rash on my chest, which went away, but then I noticed hives around my eyes and my stomach started acting up. The hives were gone in a bit, took a Claritin and went to work. Today is the day I go to a high school to see clients, so it's a longer drive and I barely made there to get to the bathroom.
    Food reaction, for sure. I am sure it is the lentils. They are in the same family as peanuts and I have a mild/moderate (not catastrophic) peanut allergy. There are times I can eat them, but I think i just had too much, despite the fact the portion size looked normal, not huge. Got home around 3 and I just want to get in my pajamas now!
    I will back at boot camp tomorrow, though, and then on Saturday DH and I are going to try an Insanity class that my boot camp instructor teaches at a Boys and Girls Club. It's a bit of a drive, but on Saturday it will be OK. It was nice when I got home today, over 40, but with the fading sunlight and the way I feel, I couldn't do even a 10 mile ride. Yesterday, my weight was really down, about 106.5, and I did a very hard step/sculpt class. Today is was up a pound, but so far, it's not getting to quite the danger zone as last year.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

That 10,000 meter row last night was a mistake, I should have kept it to 5-6K. I've competition training on Tue and Thur evenings, and I knew I was taking a risk by rowing so long last night. I am fine, I just entered into my competition training tonight with fatigued shoulders and THAT doesn't bode well for an intense kettlebell sport training session. I had to back off on the weight and just focus on technique while taking longer breaks than normal. Live and learn, just trying to figure out how to fit in two long rows a week without compromising myself. Perhaps the answer is 1 long row and 1 medium, I will try that next week.

Crankin, I hope you can figure that out. Sometimes our food allergies can change/worsen with age...but you know your body's warning system.

I deleted my row. It was stressing me out. I hadn't remembered to log here - I track on Garmin, which gets transferred to Training Peaks. That's enough tracking for me (at least with finals).

I'll definitely check in and chat (more after finals), but this just wasn't gonna help me this year - totally on me....thanks for doing the chart, Catrin - and for starting this thread. I'll be chattier when finals are over at the end of next week.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

I guess it's just you and I, Catrin?
    I find this helpful. It doesn't change what i do, it just helps me to see how much I really do, so I can be realistic.
    So, no boot camp this morning. I think my illness is more than allergies, but it may be allergy based, combined with the very intense work out I did Wednesday, which caused my immune related things to go into overdrive. I am wearing my glasses to work today, which always means I feel crappy!
    I will be home by 1:30, and then based on how I feel, will either take a brisk walk or a short ride. Still want to get to that Insanity class tomorrow.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura