Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Threaded View

Looking for suggestions for similar saddle

Yesterday I went for a 19 mile ride on my new bike. At first the saddle was quite uncomfortable in the front area but toward the end of the ride it was tolerable and I sort of forgot about it. I'm not sure if the discomfort subsided or if I became numb to it. Other than that and the width, I really love the saddle. It is a Prologo Nago Evo X10. It's relatively flat (semi-round) and thin and rather firm. It has "active density" padding with a microfiber cover. The dimensions are 135 x 208 (per my tape measurer- this particular saddle doesn't show up on the Prologo website).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1122141629.jpg 
Views:	434 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	17462Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1121140754.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	17463 For some reason the profle pic keeps showing up upside down. Grrr

I tilted the nose down a bit after my first short test ride, and that helped a bit. I may tilt it down a bit more for my next ride. However, the pressure is not on my pubic bone, it is more of a squished feeling going on between my legs with some pinching every now and then.

I figured the first thing to do would be to see if the manufacturer makes a female version. They do, but the shape appears a bit different. There is no cutout; instead, it has sort of a divit in the seat, which I think would be acceptable. I'm just not sure about the shape. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dea saddle.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	17464

They also make another "female" saddle that looks to have a decent shape: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kappa.jpg 
Views:	431 
Size:	3.4 KB 
ID:	17465
    When I did the sit bones measurement and chart, it puts me right on the cusp of 145-155 seat. I can't remember my exact measurement...maybe 130-135? I like that this new seat is narrow, so I am more apt to lean toward a 145mm seat. I also did the chair test and determined from that that I don't necessarily need a cutout, although the Prologo is making me question that. I just finished reading through another thread on here from a few years ago about T-shaped saddles and I have a Ruby Pro that I am bidding on on ebay based on info from that thread.

Anyways, what other saddles do you suggest that I look at?
    Last edited by Bones8; 11-23-2014 at 08:06 AM. Reason: pictures not showing right
    2007 Trek 7.2 FX
    2015 Felt F85X with Specialized Oura seat, Specialized Road Pro II handlebars, and Look Quartz pedals