So, we have a pretty bad nor'easter predicted and the rain has already started. It's snowing up in Burlington, VT.
Got up, and DH and I decided to beat the rain, after looking at the weather. In order to give ourselves motivation, we decided just do one of our usual weekday early AM loops, and stop at a café for breakfast on the way home. We actually had a pleasant ride, despite it being 41 and cloudy. Saw lots of other riders doing the same thing as we were. Had a nice Mediterranean breakfast sandwich and coffee, and then rode the 3.5 miles home, for a total of 14 miles. It was spritzing when we left after eating, but only briefly. However, the rain started in earnest about 45 minutes after we got home.
DH spent an hour trying to adjust my Frog cleats on my winter shoes, so I don't fly out of the pedals unexpectedly. I know this has been an on going issue for a lot of people, and now it seems to be right. He also worked on my regular shoes I use with those pedals, but those were not as bad. I love my winter shoes, so now I can use them more. I expect to commute right up through the first snow, so it will be easier than shoes, booties, and sometimes chemical warmers.