Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Meanwhile, on the lighter side:

Video: Tour de France on hold

Thanks for that BikeDutchess, that was cute!
    "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far"

OK, I think Crankin and a couple more people had mentioned the TDF app and Apple TV last year. I have to say that I love the TDF app and today I bought and Apple TV and I am sitting with the TDF on my TV screen. That is life changing!

Over the weekend I set my DVR to record the prime time coverage on NBCSN rather than the live morning coverage, because I don't have enough room on my DVR for the longer live coverage in addition to the Formula 1 qualifying session and race that I wanted to record. Last night I started to watch the prime time coverage at about 9 pm, which was an hour after the schedule said it would start, and I found that I had been recording golf instead. So I stopped the recording and watched something else on my DVR instead. NBC owns more than enough channels; they really need to do a better job of dealing with conflicts between all the sports that they are contracted to cover.

Later I turned on NBCSN and saw that they had lost the TV feed due to bad weather. I suppose I didn't miss much. I generally have less interest in sprinter's stages, anyway.

(On the other hand, the German Grand Prix (which was shown live on CNBC due to the TdF conflict) was a really good race. Though I kinda freaked out when Felipe Massa's car flipped over and skidded upside-down across the track before flipping upright again. I would like a car that can allow me to walk away uninjured from a crash like Felipe did.)

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Is it just me, or does the live morning coverage have much more fluff in it than previous years? In my memory, live morning coverage used to be just Paul and Phil, but now it's interspersed with the threesome from the studio. And they, in turn have these stupid filler pieces. I really don't want to see a piece on Kittel's hair gel when there's live racing going on!

I thought the hair gel piece was funny and it fit in with yesterday's stage as it was a sprint stage. I think they record these pieces and only use them when they need filler. Yesterday because of the rain they kept losing the live feed and needed filler.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by BikeDutchess View Post
    Is it just me, or does the live morning coverage have much more fluff in it than previous years? In my memory, live morning coverage used to be just Paul and Phil, but now it's interspersed with the threesome from the studio. And they, in turn have these stupid filler pieces. I really don't want to see a piece on Kittel's hair gel when there's live racing going on!
    Yah--I've been noticing that too.

(Love the Onion report. Thanks for that!)
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

The computer version doesn't have any commercials - although we don't get Bob Roll and any of that other stuff.

I thought Sunday's finish was kind of a heart-breaker ....
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

They are definitely spending more time during the live coverage with Bob, Christian and the generic sports guy (Todd?). They didn't used to do that. But I think the current combination of Bob, Christian and (Todd?) is actually pretty good.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

We see Bob Roll on the I Pad app... just no commercials. I actually miss them. One year, 4 of us got up at a restaurant in Lenox, MA and did the "mojito dance," that was featured in a TdF ad.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

@azfiddle: Yes, I thought it was a sad end for the break, with Jack Bauer caught just meters before the finish line.

On a silly subject... Kristoff and his crooked helmets make those Giro helmets look bad:

That's from yesterday. But here is an older one.

I heard that La Course will start tomorrow. This is supposed to be the first Female version of Tour de France
    Last edited by TigerMom; 07-21-2014 at 06:31 PM.
    2014 Liv Lust
    2013 Specialized Fate Expert with carbon wheelset (sold)
    2012 Specialized Amira Elite
    2010 Santa Cruz Juliana with R kit and Crampon pedals (sold)

2011 Specialized Ariel Sport,suspension post,Serfas Rx Women's Microfiber saddle (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    Over the weekend I set my DVR to record the prime time coverage on NBCSN rather than the live morning coverage, because I don't have enough room on my DVR for the longer live coverage in addition to the Formula 1 qualifying session and race that I wanted to record. Last night I started to watch the prime time coverage at about 9 pm, which was an hour after the schedule said it would start, and I found that I had been recording golf instead. So I stopped the recording and watched something else on my DVR instead. NBC owns more than enough channels; they really need to do a better job of dealing with conflicts between all the sports that they are contracted to cover.

Later I turned on NBCSN and saw that they had lost the TV feed due to bad weather. I suppose I didn't miss much. I generally have less interest in sprinter's stages, anyway.

(On the other hand, the German Grand Prix (which was shown live on CNBC due to the TdF conflict) was a really good race. Though I kinda freaked out when Felipe Massa's car flipped over and skidded upside-down across the track before flipping upright again. I would like a car that can allow me to walk away uninjured from a crash like Felipe did.)
    It wasn't just the Tour that NBCSports messed up, they also never did bother to show the GP2 race. They were golf instead. Very annoying as we enjoy watching the GP 2 races.

I'm sorry, but as a "24" fan, every time they talked about Jack Bauer, all I could think of was Keifer Sutherland! Anyone else?

I did feel bad for the racer Jack Bauer, though...
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

My understanding is that La Course is only on the final Sunday in Paris.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143