Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

There is a similar product called Pitlock that uses the same basic idea, but for all the bolts on the bike. The thing you might find interesting is that they have multiple designs for the wrench to make it more difficult for potential thieves to replicate. Other than this, I've seen regular bolt-on skewers that simply use a 5-sided key instead of a hex key. There is also a quick release skewer that is locked in place while the bike sits upright and you have to turn it upside down in order to be able to release the wheels. I don't know if you know of these things but it's good to know your market when you're releasing a competing product.

No offense, but I wouldn't trust that product (or pitlock for that matter). I could consider it in addition, but then I run into the "will I have the wrench when I need to change a tire scenario). I generally commute with generator hubs, so the wheel is worth half as much as the whole bike (in one case, anyway). I U-lock the rear wheel and frame, and cable lock the front wheel and frame. I have generally heard that most thieves don't want to deal with both cables and U-locks as they require different tools. I also live in an area that isn't horrible for bike theft.

Of course, YMMV. I do think Pitlock is your most direct competition, though. I would worry about stripping the bolts in your design - but I'm prone to that kind of klutzy.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

I think my product is doing better than they were.

1. Mine has a lot of variations, and I think my design looks better.
    2. There is an anti-pinhead wrench accessary available on the market, which can remove any kinds of pinhead product. However, that does not work on my nut lock. So mine is safer.
    3. Mine will probably be much cheaper.