Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Take a running jump into June!

Didn't see a June running thread yet. Feel free to delete this if one exists.

I am starting a June challenge - from the i love to run website, it's the 100 miles in June challenge. My work schedule and complete lack of fitness makes it an incredibly difficult challenge - but so far I did 4 miles on Tuesday and another 4 today. Planning on getting 4 in tomorrow and hopefully 6 on Sunday. The weather's been absolutely gorgeous!
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    I like having goals like you describe. You might or might not hit it, but the important thing is keeping it in your sight. I think it teaches you a lot, and not just about running

I miss the days when we had more active running threads. I guess everyone is just burned out on it. Maybe? I know I am certainly not a consistent reporter!

I am doing an organized event as a training run tomorrow (35k trail race with a Big Climb) and then I have my A race on June 21 in Wyoming (50m). My training has been a little different this year; I am definitely running less. It will be interesting to see how the 50m goes with the different approach.

Anyone else have anything coming up in June?

I'm going to the Amazon rain forest and the Galapagos. We're hoping to find some places to run outside while we're in Quito and the Amazon. We're doing the Galapagos on a boat, with a small fitness room, so that will be treadmill running. I haven't run since April when I injured my foot - I somehow rotated my talus. Apparently my bones are into moving around. This morning I had one of my lower ribs move out of place. It HURTS. My chiro is closed on Fridays. I hope it moves back on it's own.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Unofficial Trail 5K :-)

Veronica, that is seriously cool and have fun! Share pictures :-) Hope you are feeling better - it sounds painful!

I am SO proud of my little accomplishment yesterday. Little compared to many of you, but the very first time I've run that far! It was also rather stupid since I've not been running, at all, but I couldn't resist it and I appear to have gotten away with it. Apparently all of my Kettlebell and joint mobility work is helping with other things!

I helped out at the awesome Midwest Mountain Bike Clinic yesterday, and after my morning duties, I put on my running clothes, laced on my lovely Brook Cascadias and water bottle belt and headed for Limekiln. This is the trail on which I received neck injury almost 3 years ago on the mountain bike. This trail is 2.2 miles one way, and it IS an out and back. Obviously I didn't run all 4.4 miles - I am far from ready for that amount of uninterrupted running, but from what I can figure, I ran about 3 miles of that. SO...unofficial trail 5K :-)

The only reason I didn't run the full distance was because of my right knee - it gets cranky if I've not been running regularly and I've not been, so it got breaks. When my left heel cord and hammie started talking to me a bit from my ankle inflexibility on that side I walked the remaining distance. I tried to be aware of how/when that foot pushed off the ground but just couldn't keep track of it with all of the rocks, roots, ruts, and thorny bushes along the trail. It was a LOT of fun and I ran far more of it than I dreamed I would be able to.

And I am not very sore today! My legs are a bit tight and fatigued today - but that is ok as it is a rest day and I have foam rollers and other implements at home :-) The cool part is that my breathing never becomes an issue when I hit the trails, it is other things that causes my walking breaks. I like that!

Lost my running mojo, and am using June to get it back! Just aiming for 2 runs/week and 60km for the month for now - I'd rather aim for something achieveable (but not easy) until I get back into the running habit! Winter has just started here, which doesn't help, but I say it's no excuse unless it's bucketing down!

Did ~8km on Wednesday (~5km tempo) and then had the regular parkrun 5km on Saturday. 2 runs and 13km for week 1 done.

Wow, nice job everyone!

VBC - great work so far, just beware of too much too soon, not sure what your mileage has been like up until now but last year was the first year I averaged 100-mile months throughout the year, and a lot of that was because of greatly reduced cycling mileage ...

Yellow - hope your event yesterday went well and that you're rediscovering your love of running!

V. - wow, hope you feel better, and have a wonderful trip! Some friends of mine spent two weeks in Ecuador this spring and just loved it - the first week with a group tour and then they stayed an extra week on their own.

Catrin - awesome!!!

Cecelia - very nice - good luck getting back in the swing.

Me - I've been running reasonably consistently, but also pretty aimlessly and at much reduced mileage. Feeling a little lost in a different way than after previous marathons - this time I took my training right to the limit of not being fun, so I was soooo ready to be done with it and race, and now ... ????? just don't know what to do with myself. I'm starting to think that since I'm signed up for NYC anyway I'll just do it as a fun run, which isn't really my style, but we'll see. Still have some time to decide.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler