Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by brigada View Post
    Thanks!
    Have you considered a tubeless setup for the bike? I don't know how frequently you will be getting flats, but it might be more convenient.
    Did consider... obviously when I had the wheels built (had several discussions with the wheel builder about it) but rejected it. Tubeless tires (just my opinion) are convenient in theory, but have a nasty flat out on the trail, are almost impossible to salvage. Plus didn't want to deal with the whole messy Stan's stuff, changing it out etc.... I'm good at changing tires; have been doing it over 50 years! (yes I am OLD and Ole Skool). Thankfully I don't often get flats but its goat head thorn season here right now so trails are covered with those nasty little buggers!
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

That is fantastic
    I've been lucky this season, only one flat so far. But they are so bothersome when it happens in the middle of the ride. I should probably get a spare tube so that I don't have to deal with punctures on the trails