Actually the gators weren't so bad, they stayed where they were yet it was amazing to see them up close and personal. Ah, so you're in Winter Garden, it's lovely there as well. Really, I don't think you could go wrong with staying anywhere in FL.

So you'll be going back north eventually to pick up some of your things? Good idea to wait til the weather warms up. Nice that you weren't there when they had their recent ice storm. I was following the temps in south FL and at the time I was supposed to go in January the temps weren't looking all that great. I'm considering mid March now and the temperature should be somewhat warmer by then. Glad that you're enjoying the bike trails there in Central FL.

I oftentimes ride my bike through the local park's campground, James Island County Park, and view the various camper/RV set ups. I've gotten some good ideas for hopefully when time comes my DH and I can rent an RV and do some touring. I like using VRBO and AirBnB as well and have always had good experiences with both. My daughter uses Airbnb on her trips to Europe and has also had good experiences. Yes, with an RV you can almost pick up and go from place to place and stay as long as you like ... having a little more flexibility with your house on wheels.

My husband says I own TOO Many bikes, but I continue reminding him that each one has their own purpose.

Yes, riding the Moonlight rides through DC or just along the W&OD trail, which I used to live off of in VA, is a lot of fun. I'd never go alone but with a group, and we always had a good time.

Enjoy the warmer temps of FL, Emily, and safe travels ahead.

Kathy