Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

What is a saddle sore?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I don't know if i have ever had one. But last week I had a little sore spot down there
    Last edited by Brandi; 02-21-2006 at 12:34 PM.
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

I'm probably not the best one to answer as I've not had one yet...but from what I understand it starts out as a small pimple-like bump and can become hard, imflamed, and quite painful. Wash with an antibacterial cleanser (like Hibiclens) a few times a day, and if it becomes a boil take hot baths to increase bloodflow to the area. Hope it's better soon!!

I think that people use it as a catch all phrase for a lot of saddle related issues including but not limited to - ingrown/irritated hairs, chafed areas, sore spots at the sit bones - anything that makes sitting on the saddle well - sore.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Saddle sore - been there, had that!

Well, my saddle sore was the upper crack of my backside, where the cheeks must have rubbed together -- chaffed red and almost bleeding. Had to wait three weeks before I could ride again. (isn't this a gross subject?)

But I am determined to keep on riding and prepared ahead with vitamin e salve in that spot. I think the 18 speed bike I had was too tall for me and my fanny was rotating back and forth sideways as I peddaled, thus the inflammation and sore spot. Now I have a shorter bike and hope it won't happen again..

Good luck and painless riding! Melinda