Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Decembrrrrr!

Ok....here we go...

To disable ads, please log-in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0982.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	16850

Yesterday's hike.

Not sure what I just did, but at least you can see the ice!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0979.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	16849  
    Last edited by rocknrollgirl; 12-25-2013 at 03:44 AM.

I had the most peaceful Christmas Day long road run...very little traffic, mild weather, not a care in the world...I wish every day was Christmas Day!
    2011 Specialized Ruby Comp, Specialized BG Lithia w/ hollow Cr-Mo rails
    2009 Specialized Myka FSR, Specialized Windie 143

Where is that, Rock and Roll?
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollgirl View Post

Yesterday's hike.
    Not sure what I just did, but at least you can see the ice!
    Ooee, someone has Grivel crampons! Did you hike up the stream or just cross it?
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

RnR - that looks COLD!! ;-)

I had three easy pace miles on my plan for Christmas eve, so I took my husband with me and we did a trail run in a local park. It was really, really enjoyable. I haven't been in there since the summer and wow, it looks SO different!

On Christmas day, I did my 6 mile run with 4 miles at pace. I was worried it was going to be hard but with the exception of a tight hamstring briefly at one point, it was quite enjoyable. I saw some people in one of the parks playing disk golf but the rest of the route I was totally alone. Weird, but kind of nice! I definitely appreciated the lack of car traffic for the quiet and for my ability to time the lights correctly and not have to stop as much as usual. :-)

I too wish every day was Christmas!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

That is in the Adirondacks and that ice was the trail for about 1000 vertical feet. I should have put the fulls on as soon as we hit it, but I had microspikes on for the ascent, dumb . I would have been much more comfortable with the fulls. I will try and post up a pic from yesterday. Same conditions except really really cold as opposed to just cold.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0996.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	16855Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0988.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	16853

These are from yesterday. Great hike. Very cold, lots of ice. Tougher for me than for my hubs. For me to make some of the steps in the ice flows, I had to bring my foot up to chest height. My leg are pooped. The hubs is so tall he make a baby step and I am grunting and swearing behind him, and if you slip and go, you are going for sure. But fun and very challenging. We always summit something on Christmas day. It is our tradition.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0995.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	16852   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0993.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	16854  

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    Gorgeous, RnR!

I totally get the long-legged hubby thing. It only took mine about 20 years to figure out that yes, it is more difficult to scramble up a giant boulder field when you are 5'3-almost

And downclimbing is even worse! On our way home today, so back running! We have a mt bike ride scheduled tomorrow and then I am hoping to run on Sunday.

Wow, that ice just looks scary. Beautiful - but I really wouldn't want to do anything other than look at it!

My week:

4.5 miles in 80°, 90% humidity and 20 mph wind, including a 5K race out-and-back directly into the wind and returning with it.
    9 miles in 55° and pouring rain
    4 miles in 20° and sunshine, small patches of ice but nothing I couldn't avoid
    5 miles in 65°, cloudy and 90% humidity

and my therapist still thinks it's pathological for me to be so disoriented .........
    Last edited by OakLeaf; 12-27-2013 at 08:33 AM.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Oakleaf, I'm impressed!
    Off running since my b-day and I'm feeling it emotionally. Plus it puts me behind on my training for my next race. Maybe I'll get out there this weekend!

K
    katluvr

Today was one of those runs where it felt like I had a headwind the whole way. Yuck. Just 4 miles. Tomorrow will be better (unless the alarmist version of the weather forecast is accurate and I end up on the treadmill....)

skhill - I think I had your perceived headwinds yesterday! I did 10 miles and wow...major suckage. My feet hurt, one hamstring kept getting tight, I was cold (not dressed correctly), the time dragged and I felt like I was running in molasses.

When I got home, I walked in and said 'I guess I need runs like that so that I appreciate the good ones."
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

The treadmill wasn't so bad this morning. 4 miles and I thought about keeping going but the rowing machine was free (for once) so I did about 15 minutes there to round out the morning.

Looking forward to starting out the new year with an outside run!

Run number 3 for me, and the 2nd under the watchful eye of my PT. Working on changing my duck-footed tendencies, which might have caused some of my issues last time I tried this. Seems I have a hip imbalance, and weak adductors (we have been working on abductors and glutes). So - more matt work, but I get to keep running (though for very, very short distances, for now).
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...