Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Photos: My recovered stolen Specialized Ruby Elite and my new trek 7.6 FX WSD

To disable ads, please log-in.

We put the Ruby Specialized Elite back to most of the way it was. It still has a lot new nicks and scratches, but I will live with them.

I bought a new hybrid. I am really leery because I think it might be too big. It seems huge compared to the Road Bike, but everyone keeps telling me it is a different type of bike. The ruby is a 44 and the Trek is 15. The Trek didn't come any smaller.

It's really different learning to ride the hybrid. I had different tires installed on the hybrid for crushed limestone or the gravel. I had a tough time riding the Ruby Road bike on those surfaces. My friends quite often go on those trails! I also had a Topeak Rack I wanted to put on the hybrid. I didn't want to put it on the Ruby Elite carbon frame. Now I can go shopping with my hybrid and carry a good lock!!!

For some reason if you search on the Trek site the bike doesn't come up on their site. But if you can see it if you look on the link below: (It's weird because it is on the Trek site)
    http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes.../fx/7_6_fx_wsd s

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.6 FX WSD.jpg 
Views:	583 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	16681Click image for larger version. 

Name:	recovered Ruby.jpg 
Views:	741 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	16682
    Last edited by kajero; 09-06-2013 at 02:45 PM. Reason: add photos
    kajero
    2013 Trek FX 7.6 WSD
    2012 Specialized Ruby WSD
    2004 Schwinn (I think that is the year)

I'm wondering if because of your small size you might have gone with a hybrid with 26" wheels to get a smaller size? Hopefully you'll find that this one is fine for you since it appears to be a pretty pricey bike. I used to have a hybrid with 26" wheels that was also a 15" (and I ride a 47 cm Trek Pilot, just for comparison sake, am 5'2" on a good day, with an inseam of 28.5ish"), and it fit me fine.

It's gorgeous, though, and I am so glad you got your Ruby back. Shame about the nicks and scratches, though.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Thanks for replying. I will let you know how it goes. I think I would have spent more time looking for a hybrid if I had I known that our bikes would be recovered. But to not have a bicycle to ride . . . what kind of life is that??????

I was really hesitant to buy the bike but my SO and LBS said it was fine. I have only ridden the Trek for about 5 miles and am pretty shaky. I guess if it doesn't work out, there is always Craig's list. LOL

I am a little over 5'1. I have really short legs and a long torso. the LBS put a shorter stem on the bike for me which helped. I am more concerned about the reach than anything. The hybrid is the same size as my old Giant and I was really concerned, but the LBS and my SO said I was making a big deal out if it because the bike didn't come smaller. Of course, they didn't crash on the Giant the way I did. (The wheels on the Ruby are the same size as the wheels on the hybrid.)
    kajero
    2013 Trek FX 7.6 WSD
    2012 Specialized Ruby WSD
    2004 Schwinn (I think that is the year)

I looked up the geometry and that does look similar between the Ruby and the FX7.6 (some difference, but that not far off). The biggest difference is really how you are sitting on the bike since the Ruby has drop bars and the FX has straight bars. With straight bars you are sitting much more up right than with the drop bars. Believe me I know as I have a Trek mountain bike, which I'm not nearly as comfortable on as I am my Felt F-5 (road bike) and the biggest difference is the bars, the mountain bike has straight bars and the F-5 has drop bars. I'm just personally more comfortable with the drop bars.