Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

http://www.velofred.com/klickfix-con...aul-p-453.html

This bag fits on the seatpost of my very, very small framed bike. Finally I can go for long rides and have a place to put all my stuff, from food to discarded warm clothing.

My bad buy was the mini seat post bag, which would fit on the same klickfix adapter. The bag hangs too low and rubs my rear tire. Otherwise, it is a really nice bag. Unfortunately, I tossed the receipt and tags and can't return it. Maybe I can find a different bike to put it on.

I also don't like the podium bottle much. It is kind of hard to get it out of my bottle holders. But, I might get used to it.

I love my Giro Aeon hi viz helmet. It is bright. It fits perfect. It is light and well vented. http://www.teamestrogen.com/prodGO_2030473.html

Generally, I have been buying and wearing more high visibility clothing after wintering in Florida where the drivers are frightening. I have some high viz screaming yellow jersey's from TE, a high viz jacket, a vest, and a blaze orange jersey. TE has one of the best collections of high viz stuff anywhere.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

My favorite things that I use the most are
    (1) my Cannondale jacket with removable sleeves. What I like best about it is that the sleeves attach with magnets, and it is SO easy to take them off and put back on compared to zippers. They also come off as one unit and could even be worn as a bolero. The remaining vest has lots of pockets which come in handy. I'm not sure Cannonale still makes it.
    (2) my Terry bolero. Perfect for cool mornings and packs away to almost nothing.
    (3) Falcon Safety Aquablast air horn for dog deterent
    (4) a bento box that attaches to my top tube. Very handy.

Grits

2010 Trek 5.2 Madone WSD, SI Diva Gel Flow
    2002 Terry Classic, Terry Liberator

LOL at Velominati.

Best and worst was probably my road bike. I think we've all heard enough about that. But...I learned my lesson, and it sort of created a monster, regardless of how it fits.

Beyond that...
    Best: Most of my Pearl Izumi gear. The things that gets the most use are the shorts (the In-R-Cool Elite shorts) and gloves (Gel-Vent), of course, but I love my safety orange convertible barrier jacket. I've had one chance to use the Am-fib tights during a very slushy cross bike ride, and I liked how they performed. Also, my Polar bottles. I need to get 20oz ones for the cross bike because the 24oz ones don't fit!
    HUGE Topeak seat bags, for both bikes.
    My CX bike.
    The stash of Specialized Jetts that I am amassing...

Worst:
    Cheap Performance shorts. Their re-vamped higher-end ones are actually pretty good (not Pearl-good, but still), but the lower end ones...not so much.
    Wired computers with cadence.
    A Serfas wireless bike computer. There were some things I liked about it (easy to read, for one), but it was very easy to accidentally reset and it was very prone to interference. I replaced it with a Cateye and I am happy.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I got the Terry bolero light. They also make one that is heavier weight with a more fleecy lining. TE carries that one as well as some boleros by other manufacturers. The bolero light ran small and pulled across my upper back when I wore it. I wear a size small in every top I have, but I had to send the small/med bolero back and get a Large/XL size, which fits with plenty of room under it for even a long sleeved jersey for an extra layer.

https://www.performancebike.com/revi...ero-Light.html

Grits

2010 Trek 5.2 Madone WSD, SI Diva Gel Flow
    2002 Terry Classic, Terry Liberator

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Bests: Luna, France, Italy, Bike Friday
    Worsts: Brooks saddles, worn out shorts that become, uh, revealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grits View Post
    My favorite things that I use the most are
    (1) my Cannondale jacket with removable sleeves. What I like best about it is that the sleeves attach with magnets, and it is SO easy to take them off and put back on compared to zippers. They also come off as one unit and could even be worn as a bolero. The remaining vest has lots of pockets which come in handy. I'm not sure Cannonale still makes it.
    (I have one for sale if anyone's interested....PM me. It's size medium and white with blue and black trim.)

[QUOTE=goldfinch;673171]http://www.velofred.com/klickfix-con...aul-p-453.html

This bag fits on the seatpost of my very, very small framed bike. Finally I can go for long rides and have a place to put all my stuff, from food to discarded warm clothing.

My bad buy was the mini seat post bag, which would fit on the same klickfix adapter. The bag hangs too low and rubs my rear tire. Otherwise, it is a really nice bag. Unfortunately, I tossed the receipt and tags and can't return it. Maybe I can find a different bike to put it on.

That's an awesome bike rack!, I have been looking for something like that. Thanks for the post, I'm going to get me one
    I liked the helmet too. I tend to pick clothing that practically glow there so bright, just incase I encounter the odd dolt out there behind the wheel.