Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Easter Rides?

Easter Rides?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Anyone else get out on Easter Day for a ride? Here in the NW we had a picture perfect day, and enough time in the morning before we went over to be with the family for a short 13+ mile ride around the neighborhood. I was on the road a little after nine and I was surprised at how much traffic there was and how many businesses were open, I was expecting a rather quiet ride. But I did get in some quiet spots and here is one of my favorites, I call it my Cathedral in the Woods:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dolce on Trail.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	16114

We were also out for a longer ride on Saturday, 33+ miles...bliss.
    "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far"

It was gorgeous here in Tucson. It was my last day of spring break and I rode on Mt. Lemmon. My friend was too tired to go as far as I wanted to, but we made it past milepost 7, almost 5000' up from the base (2400'). Lots of cars full of picnickers were headed to the top but coming down was not much of a problem. 31 miles total, and about 2600 of climbing.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

80 km on my single speed, day before Easter (so I spent Sunday taking it easy). It wasn't real "ride", I actually had two different ride-dates with my friends! The first one involved screwing around in Steveston for a few hours, then I biked back up to Vancouver to meet my other friend for a ride to Lougheed. A bunch of city riding and beer drinking.

**** trail, my friend brought beer and cups! haha.

an adorable garter snake wanted to join us

Cherry trees are feeling lively

Me & my friends bike. I need a new milk crate : /

It was also absolutely gorgeous out here in South Florida. I got in a thrilling 52 miles. It was thrilling because I hadn't been able to ride more than 25 slow miles since my injury in November. I'd gotten in 25 pain-free miles on Saturday, and was only planning on same, but I was feeling so good, and having so much fun, I just went for it. It was also the maiden voyage of my Calfee, other than just ten-mile spins, and all my worries quickly disappeared. Fit was great, hadn't been on my Enve's in a couple months, and I just flew, faster than I'd ever ridden before (okay, a sweet tailwind helped), and I had a ball. The return trip home kicked my azz with some serious wind and gusts off the ocean, but only three weeks ago, I really didn't know if I could really ride again. Want to kiss my physical therapist! Sorry for the finger in the way, but heres a pic from my halfway resting point:

Hope everyone had a great day!
    2013 Kirk Frameworks JK Special/Selle Anatomica
    2012 Gunnar Sport/Brooks B17
    2001 Calfee Tetra Pro/Selle Anatomica
    1984 Raleigh Sport/Brooks B66

I took the road bike out for a 14-mile ride after work yesterday. I was supposed to close, but it turned out that the closing manager had to give a coworker a ride home anyway, so the coworker and I swapped hours.

By the way...it was still really strange to ride the road bike again. Most of my riding this year has been on the cross bike. It fits me much better than the roadie, but holy cow, it's a tank!
    Last edited by Owlie; 04-01-2013 at 04:14 PM.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I had a short ride before my workout yesterday morning - it was cold (for me) but good!

I am itching to start riding again! But I have to go bike shopping first
    2014 Bobbin Bramble / Brooks B67
    2008 Rodriguez Rainier Mirage / Terry Butterfly Tri Gel
    2007 Dahon Speed Pro TT / Biologic Velvet
    1998? GT Rebound / Serfas Gel

Quote Originally Posted by nbynw View Post
    i am itching to start riding again! But i have to go bike shopping first :d
    dew et!!!!!!
    2013 Kirk Frameworks JK Special/Selle Anatomica
    2012 Gunnar Sport/Brooks B17
    2001 Calfee Tetra Pro/Selle Anatomica
    1984 Raleigh Sport/Brooks B66

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    We've cycling out around Vancouver last few days, with rides each day 30-45 km. long. Very beautiful and lovely. I'm packing in lovely sights before going back to prairies (they are predicting snow in 3 days !!)
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleTree View Post
    Anyone else get out on Easter Day for a ride? Here in the NW we had a picture perfect day, and enough time in the morning before we went over to be with the family for a short 13+ mile ride around the neighborhood. I was on the road a little after nine and I was surprised at how much traffic there was and how many businesses were open, I was expecting a rather quiet ride. But I did get in some quiet spots and here is one of my favorites, I call it my Cathedral in the Woods:

We were also out for a longer ride on Saturday, 33+ miles...bliss.
    I have a section on one of the trails I ride that I've dubbed The Cathedral.The first time I came around the curve which is just ahead of where this photo was taken, it took my breath away and that was it's name forever after that.

Name:	the cathederal.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	16115

E.T.A. I didn't get out Sunday but I rode Friday and Saturday, we had some great spring time weather.
    Last edited by Bike Writer; 04-01-2013 at 07:20 PM.
    Bike Writer

http://pedaltohealth.blogspot.com/

Schwinn Gateway unknown year
    Specalized Expedition Sport Low-Entry 2011

I did a short, 13.5 mile, which included going to the LBS to order paint to repair the mysterious chip on my Guru's top tube. It was warm (62), but horribly windy.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Easter Rides?

Quote Originally Posted by Bike Writer View Post
    I have a section on one of the trails I ride that I've dubbed The Cathedral.The first time I came around the curve which is just ahead of where this photo was taken, it took my breath away and that was it's name forever after that.

Name:	the cathederal.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	16115

E.T.A. I didn't get out Sunday but I rode Friday and Saturday, we had some great spring time weather.
    Very nice Bike Writer!
    "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far"

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    I did about an hour ride after church...it was sunny and in the mid 50s here, nice riding weather. Wanted to ride the rail trail but got there and found a lot of snow/ice patches and mud, so just did some back roads.
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

yes, this whole week in the PNW has been amazing. Saturday I got out for 57 miles on the road bike...Sunday about 17 on the mountain bike.
    2013 Specialized Myka FSR Comp
    2013 Specialized Ruby Sport (carbon)
    2014 Salsa Vaya 3 (steel)
    2014 Felt Z75

Name:	488348_10151835056878047_1389599452_n.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	16116Click image for larger version. 

Name:	561174_10151835056643047_1529863485_n.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	16117
    these are two photos from the cargo bike ride I went on for Easter. My bike is the smaller of the two orange bikes. talk about a perfect day for riding.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi