Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay

To disable ads, please log-in.

My Bike Friday sparks comments, but they've all been positive. People are just curious about them. More importantly, they are great to ride and open up all sorts of places where I could not go with a full-sized bike.

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    We hardly ever even fold our Bike Fridays, but they're great little utility and touring bikes even without being folded. Steel bikes are always nice. And you will get LOTS of attention on a Bike Friday. This can be good and bad depending on how chatty you are feeling and whether you have time to answer questions. Sometimes it's just a thumb's up or "cool bike" (said mostly by teenagers).
    Well, I was never cool as a teenager, so maybe now's my chance

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Since the OP had concerns about finding a bike with enough standover height, I thought I'd post a link to a blog about the importance of standover height when you have a really short inseam (like me )
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky King View Post
    Yes, with a swept back you give up a few hand positions. Have you ever seen any of the you tube video's by 3 Wheel Dave - look for 3 wheel journey. He rode over 10,000 miles around the USA and he has swept backs on his bike. Anyhoooo, if drops are important than I would go back to a combination of stem and handlebar configurations. Although I am pretty intrigued by the way Genevieve set her bike up I typically have 2 primary positions when I ride - one on the grips and one on the flat section of my bars so I am probably not the best person to ask that. Anybody else?
    I picked up an old Terry Classic flat bar road bike. I don't much like flat bars so I put swept back Sparrow bars on it. I really, really like the Sparrow bars. I am liking this bike. And it was an easy swap as the bike had mountain shifters and brakes which fit the Sparrow bar. It also shortened the reach a bit, which is good for me. I've only ridden it in on 12 mile shot. I am having seat post problems, the clamp for the seat won't stay put so the seat won't stay level. I am going to take a hack saw to the ridges in the clamp and see if I can get some more life out of the post before I buy a new one.

Anyway, thanks for the tips on the bars.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”