Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Do a better job of integrating other forms of exercise with cycling.
    Not get dropped on the hammer ride, just once.
    Do a race and not come in DFL.
    Get better at descents.
    Don't drool on the Cervelo tri-bike my LBS has on display.
    I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel...the picture of free, untrammelled womanhood--Susan B. Anthony

I posted here about my big goal for 2103.

Same minor goals - work up to jumping onto the 30 inch step. 24 inches is really pretty easy, but 6 more inches is a big jump.

Jump rope - "speedy" version - for 2 minutes straight. I have two jump rope speeds - medium and speedy. I can do speedy (275 - 300 jumps/minute) for about 75 seconds now.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    I posted here about my big goal for 2103.

Same minor goals - work up to jumping onto the 30 inch step. 24 inches is really pretty easy, but 6 more inches is a big jump.

Jump rope - "speedy" version - for 2 minutes straight. I have two jump rope speeds - medium and speedy. I can do speedy (275 - 300 jumps/minute) for about 75 seconds now.

Veronica
    Ooooh, double unders!!!??!! This sounds awesome! I hard you about the box jumping.The 24 inch box still gets me from time to time (and I fall), so far our coach won't let me attempt the 30 inch box. Yet. Your big goal sounds like a lot of fun and am looking forward to hearing about it!

I've a real problem with overhead lifting, so of course, my main lifting goal this year is to do really GOOD overhead squats at a reasonable weight - that would be a good start. I am seeing my PCP Friday to rule out any underlying spinal alignment issues that might be affecting my left arm - it just isn't responding to all of the hard work so I need to get it checked out just in case there is more going on than is meeting the eye. It helps to have an OD as my PCP
    Last edited by Catrin; 01-02-2013 at 12:27 PM.

I'm not sure I'm coordinated enough for double unders. I know they look really cool, but I wonder what benefit you get from being able to move the rope that quickly.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    I'm not sure I'm coordinated enough for double unders. I know they look really cool, but I wonder what benefit you get from being able to move the rope that quickly.

Veronica
    I know I can't do them myself, but I never really jumped rope in my life until recently - we don't do that very often. I just figured if your speed was that high that you were likely doing them Anyway, it is pretty cool your speed jumping is that high!

I just want to have fun.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    I just want to have fun.
    Yes, to that!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I just want to have fun.
    Yay - this! I just want to ride more, and get back into it. I used to ride a lot, then the past few years I slowed down a bit. Some minor, but prolonged, health/injury problems changed my focus to rehab and wellness. Hopefully this will be the year!

I'm not competitive, but I would like to work on my off-bike fitness routine to make the cycling more enjoyable and efficient (more distance with less discomfort).

I want to make sure I have the right bike. If the fancy new road bike I bought in October wasn't the best choice, I will accept the loss and get the right one. With all the snow we have now, it will be a while before I will know for certain.

Thanks for giving me things to think about!

I just want to have fun.
    LOVE THIS! Thanks for the reminder that it should be at the top of every list.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyguys View Post
    Bike Writer, I love some of your goals - especially the one about riding with a kid under the age of 10!

I haven't been riding long, so mine are modest, but here they are:

• Conquer the clipless pedals
    • Train for and ride a Team in Training century
    • Get better on hills (I live in Flatsville too)
    • Get dh a bike and ride a lot with him!
    • Up my average speed to over 20 mph, so I can ride with the faster pace groups (and in some cases, ride with a group period)

I've started to tackle the first, and I think I'm going to plan on the Cross Timbers Classic Bike Rally in May for the second. The fourth will be money dependent, and I'll hopefully make good progress on the third and fifth just training for the century.
    luvmyguys, I ride with my nephews, nieces often enough to help mentor them along in the sport and just share the love of outdoors but I started thinking of a couple of friends who don't ride and I know their kids ride bikes but don't get the opportunity to go out on a trail in parks and such so I thought it would be a good idea to spread the love of biking outside of my own family.

It's been an interesting read to see what things others want to work on. Mileage comes up often in this discussion and since we don't have crystal balls to see the future it's hard to predict or set a mileage number with any degree of certainty. Heck, last year with injuries, surgery in the fall prime riding season and with campaigning taking up my whole season I rode about a third of the mileage of the previous two years. This year I was lucky to get in a little over 500 miles, the previous two years it was nearly double then triple of that. None the less, I put a number up there to shoot at, we'll see what life brings.
    Bike Writer

http://pedaltohealth.blogspot.com/

Schwinn Gateway unknown year
    Specalized Expedition Sport Low-Entry 2011

I had goals last year- 5000 miles originally, then upped it to 6000, but finished at 5723. That's still an "A" by percentage.
    This year- well, I might not worry about a mileage goal. I need to find more time for music and maybe some other stuff, but I am riding with a women's group now so I do have a commitment to ride regularly with them.

I like nybiker's goal to have fun, and I need to stay active to maintain my weight (which has actually crept up several pounds).
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

This year's only real goal is to get back into road riding when we move back to the US. I have no idea how many miles I'll be able to put in, or if I'll do any events, I just want to get back to the road and have fun with it!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    This year's only real goal is to get back into road riding when we move back to the US. I have no idea how many miles I'll be able to put in, or if I'll do any events, I just want to get back to the road and have fun with it!
    Emily expect you will do very well on the roadbike with all the riding you have been doing in Belize on the cruiser along with the running on the beach.

I for one put a lot of miles on the bike in 2012, 4830miles. This year I just want to have fun riding and continue to lead the group rides. My 2013 goal will be to build up to run 5K. Right now I am doing the run/walk mix. After reading all your comments on the Couch to 5k I just downloaded the app.
    2012 Specialized Amira S-Works
    2012 Vita Elite
    2011 Specialized Dolce Elite (raffle prize) - Riva Road 155
    Ralaigh Tara Mtn Bike

For 2013:
    having lots of fun riding my bike;
    no injury on special parts without substitution, like knees, heart and so;
    wind blowing on my back
    more safe rides on the road for me and every bike users
    Take care and drive safe, girls (helmet, reflective vest and front and rear lights)
    Love the ride in 2013

Ride 5000 miles this year
    Do at least another 200k this spring/summer, and try a 300k
    *Maybe* try a double century
    2013 Volagi Viaje
    2002 LeMond Tete de Course rebuild/"The Chimaera"
    2012 Scott Contessa Foil with Dura-Ace
    2011? budget "Takara Kabuto" Single Speed/Fixie "The Bumblebee"
    1999 Santana Team Ti 700 tandem/"Silver Streak"

My goals are simple since I'm in that cherished stage of mothering little guys, and I always like to bring them along. Now that I've got my new Riv I can barely wait to see where we'll go together this year, and I've already planned some adventures I can have with my family.
    1. Bike to my son's school each week.
    2. Drive to my home state instead of fly, so that I can bring our bikes in the van. (1800 miles one way, yikes!)
    3. Bike to church on Sundays.
    4. Bike to the park with little guys every week.
    Wherever I go, there I am!

2012 Rivendell Betty Foy