Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: age groups?

Hybrid View

Hi bikegranny and welcome to a great site.

I have been a member on here for several years but for various reasons, have not been on here posting for a while, however, after reading your thread, you made me feel all enthusiastic again, so thanks for that.

Like many others, I started riding when I hit the Big 50, had several injuries but still enjoy riding, although not as mad as I use to be. I will be 63 next month and so want to ride far more this year.

I ride around on a rather retro bike but I love it.

Look forward to hearing more about your rides and adventures, no matter how small.

Ride safe.
    Clock

Orange Clockwork - Limited Edition 1998

‘Enjoy your victories of each day'

I'm 62 and plan to ride forever. I like Catrin's phrase "aging backwards" because that's how I feel since I started cycling. I agree with Marni about riding into my 90s and -- who knows? -- beyond.

There's lots of good advice on this forum about fitness in general, so I'd encourage everyone to post specific questions or concerns. One important thing I learned here was the importance of core strength in cycling. I had no idea it mattered so much.

ETA: I have never seen any hint of "ageism" in this group. I suppose age is a factor in injury, recovery time, etc. but no one should feel constrained from posting here because of age.
    Last edited by PamNY; 03-10-2013 at 07:04 PM.