Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

To disable ads, please log-in.

Okay, I'm joining in. After injuring my ankle on November 8th, and learning that I have zero cartilage left, along with other not fun stuff, I'm taking dropping pounds seriously. Since I was in a cast and on crutches, not really exercising, I went strict paleo with a 1200 calorie count and lost 17 pounds since that day. I started up weight training again a couple weeks ago, and since I got my cast of yesterday, I'm slowly going to start doing more cardio (didn't want to sweat and stink up the cast; been there, done that, not good at work), get back on the bike, add a bit more healthy carbs in, etc. Today, I was 162.6, which is a good 20 pounds from where I need to be. My goal is to be in the 150s by the new year, and hopefully, lose about 2 lbs. weekly until I'm at least at 145, which was a weight at which I was always happy. I'm pretty muscular, and I don't like to look skinny, but I'm also 5'5" and fairly small framed minus the hips. Since I haven't been below 145 in at least 15 years, I don't even know what a healthy low weight might be for me. All I know is that I need to get any extra weight off my ankle now. The plus will be I might get better on my bike

BTW, all the holiday goodies are killing me, but I haven't had a one. I keep telling myself that there will still be good food left in the world and I don't need to eat it all today.
    Last edited by murielalex; 12-22-2012 at 03:12 PM.
    2013 Kirk Frameworks JK Special/Selle Anatomica
    2012 Gunnar Sport/Brooks B17
    2001 Calfee Tetra Pro/Selle Anatomica
    1984 Raleigh Sport/Brooks B66

127, happy with it.
    Had a week of TTOTM, Holiday parties with lots of sweets, family in town, and college cafeteria 2 nights, so I was surprised it stayed 127. I did try to really watch my portions, eat S L O W L Y, and enjoy each and every bite. I'm in week 8 of marathon training so I'm not dieting, but I have pretty much stopped eating dairy and I think that has helped a lot.
    I can do five more miles.

125.9 this morning, I am happy that my weight is still below 126! It's taken me a few years to get here. It wouldn't be bad to lose more but as I am actively trying to change my body composition I am not sure what to expect from my weight...

It's never too late to join in and there will definitely be another 2-month round starting in January.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...TMmxYQnc#gid=0
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Nice re Jan/Feb round. I'm in need

I rarely post to this but now at 166, think I was near 180 at some point. Now wearing size 10 jeans. I was in the 18-20 range before.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I will be in for the next round, I just need to decide if there will be a target weight or maintenance since I finally hit my target this time...

I will be in for the next round, and not for maintenance.
    Target weight is 104.5
    Right now I'm at 106.8, but I imagine this will be higher on January 1st.
    It's been a year since I joined this challenge, and it really motivated me to lose 5 pounds and maintain.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Weight this morning: 161.2

My trainer killed me this morning. My arms are shaking as I type. Right now, the plan, other than sticking to my diet, is hard-core strength training four days a week, and riding two days a week until my ankle/calf/cardio ability is back up to a place where I can start pushing things a bit more, then switch back to two days of interval training on the bike during the week, one long ride plus one recovering medium-length (30-40) ride on the weekend, and drop down to three days of strength training. That's what I had been doing the two months prior to my injury. It felt good, and I was starting to see results. The Sunday "recovery ride" is really just me having fun with my friends with a lot of goofing around, like kids on our bikes again, and ending with a fun, big breakfast at my fav restaurant by the beach, which I always considered my "free meal" of the week, eating and drinking anything I wanted.

So I feel like I'm just starting out new again. I got my cast off one week ago, did a seven-mile ride last Sunday, but after three miles, my calf (the casted one) started cramping, so I turned back. On Christmas (gorgeous day out), I did 20 very slow miles (11-13mph), and was shocked on how fast I'd lost all my conditioning. In just two months off the bike, I'd gone from being able to comfortably ride 80+ miles solo at 16-20 mph, depending mostly on wind conditions with my heart rate in the 130s-140s (I can't maintain distances with anything higher). At the speed I was going on Christmas, my heart rate would have been in the low 100s to maybe 118ish, but it was in the 140s, and I was struggling at about mile 15. Ugh. I guess it is what it is.

Anyway, blab blab blab. My goal by the next weight-in is to get into the 150s, with preferably a 2-pound loss to 159.2. Since I haven't seen the the 150s in a few years, it will be a HUGE psychological boost to start of the New Year.

My goal for the next two-month round is realistically 152, but my secret fantasy goal is to see the 140s again, even if that's 149.999999.

I just want to thank you ladies for starting this thread. I know checking in will help keep me motivated and at least give me a place to hold myself accountable other than just in my head, which tends to have a....er....elastic accountability system when I get discouraged or just plain tired.
    Last edited by murielalex; 12-28-2012 at 03:18 AM.

My final weight for this challenge is 106.
    That's higher than I've seen for the end of a challenge since maybe the first one I did.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

113. This challenge was a failure for me. In the next two months I want to get down to 110. I don't want an aggressive goal. Mostly I just want to quit gaining weight.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

Very happy as this is the lowest weight I've seen in several months and 3 lbs. less than last week's post-Mexico vacation weight. However, I came down with a cold last Sunday and thus have been a slug, so I am sure I've lost muscle, and my appetite was suppressed from being sick. I am hoping that I can keep from gaining once I start feeling 100% again -- that is usually when my appetite comes roaring back, and even though I'm more active, I eat more than enough to maintain my weight.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Though it's not weigh-in day, I just want to say that this morning I woke up to 159.2! This, psychologically, is huge for me. I haven't seen the 150s since 2007/8. It was my little secret wish to get there before New Year's. I tend to bounce up and down for a couple days before any loss holds, so even if I bounce back up a bit, it's nice to see the 150s peeking out at me. I'm really happy and motivated.

Congrats murielalax, that's fantastic! Especially this time of year when most people are gaining. Good on ya!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Happy New Year to you all - Is this thread going to continue for the next challenge period, or will a new one be starting? Whatever, I'd like to join in in order to lose the 14lbs that's crept up on me over the past year... So, starting from 147lbs, I need to get to 133lbs... I'll find any tips on keeping the balance between exercise and diet regimes very valuable. I've proved over years (and years) that I don't stick to exercise regimes in the strictess sense but have a turbo-trainer and am willing to do my wayward best on that till the weather improves ( cold high winds very off-putting ). Does anyone use cycle-training videos with turbo/roller exercising? Can you recommend anything attractive (I've got one cheap one but the landscape is so mind-bogglingly boring it seems rather pointless.)
    Jul 2013 - Genesis Croix de Fer
    Nov 2012 - 5yr old Specialized Ruby Comp
    2007 - Giant Cypress hybrid