I can't wear the baggy type of shorts with the liner. The baggy part ends up stuffed into my crotch about 5 minutes into the run. I'm not heavy, it's just the way I run. There is some upper thigh contact and that pulls all the fabric up. Not fun.

So I run in compression shorts. And I've had great success with Lululemon shorts in the past. But after my fav shorts died on me (took almost 2 years) the replacement pair I got died within 2 months and the rise is too low.

Now, I'm on a mission!

--I prefer an inseam of 6-8 inches and some sort of compression.
--NO low rise! NO high rise either!
--Pockets! Lululemon has great pockets in their shorts (zip in the back and little hidden ones in the waste band that hold 2 Gu's each!)
--GUSSET! Holy crap this is where Lululemon fails the most. The gusset in their tight shorts effectively digs into my girly bits and a poorly placed seem will rub until there is blood. I use chamois cream when I run because it's so bad.
--The color Black.
--Flat seems, good construction, decent fabric.
--A waistband that doesn't cut off circulation (CWX I'm talking to you!)

Am I asking too much?

I've tried a shorter inseam baggy short (3.5") with split leg from Pearl Izumi. It's a sweet short! I love it, but after a few minutes, all fabric is shoved into my crotch and I spend the run tugging it out. I have the Moving Comfort short shown here:
http://www.teamestrogen.com/prodMC_300379.html

Totally true the review that says the rise is soooo low. It's horrible. It falls just above the underwear line you'd have. Really poorly designed. And a bit hot/heavy.

I have a pair of Patagonia 3" shorts - that are quite nice, but a bit too low in the rise and the pocket sucks. I haven't run in them yet.

Suggestions:
Should I try a pair of super short baggy short? I prefer the longer coverage of compression though - don't have to worry about chafing with upper thigh contact.

I'm considering running in my DeSoto Tri shorts. I even asked them if they made or could make them without the chamois!

Anyone ever try the Race Ready shorts? The compression ones? I'd had to order them and find the fabric is crap or the gusset is a joke.

Suggestions? (Oh, I do not run with a race belt because it ends up under my boobs...so I prefer to haul my Gu's in pockets. Only for long runs. During races I wear a SpiBelt almost under my okole LOL!)

Denise