Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Yesssssssssssssssss!

To disable ads, please log-in.

LBS is going to order a 2012 Ruby Apex, 44 cm, no obligation to buy ('cause I need to be able to actually try one), and it's ON SALE!!!

Yippeeeeee!

Thought I'd share.

Excellent! Photos if you buy!

2011 Specialized Ariel Sport,suspension post,Serfas Rx Women's Microfiber saddle

Sure hope it fits you - it is one sweet bike! And you are going to love the SRAM shifting & shifters...
    JEAN

2011 Specialized Ruby Elite - carbon fiber go-fast bike
    DiamondBack Expert - steel road bike
    Klein Pinnacle - classic no-suspension aluminum MTB

Awesome bike, congrats!

Congrats! My LBS also ordered me a 44 Ruby with no obligation to buy and I ended up loving it. It's been 7 months and I still love my Ruby

My LBS did the same thing for me and ordered a 44 Ruby with no obligation to buy but once I rode it, I fell in love with it. I know it isn't much but I have 355 miles on for the summer. The LBS was even nice to hold it at the shop for 5 weeks while I recovered from an accident on my old Giant -- which I refuse to ride anymore!
    kajero
    2013 Trek FX 7.6 WSD
    2012 Specialized Ruby WSD
    2004 Schwinn (I think that is the year)

Hi everyone, very new to biking and this site. LOVE IT. I recently purchased a 2011 Ruby Comp, size 44 "used" , literally had one ride on it and then stored in their study. Virtually a new bike. Came with Look pedals which I am frightened of and of course I switched them out for flats until I get used to the bike. And a computer on it as well. May have paid too much but love it and seems to fit me well. Any one who has this bike, what are your thoughts? This one has totally shimano 105 throughout. I am 55 years old and am looking forward to the future.

Hi everyone, very new to biking and this site. LOVE IT. I recently purchased a 2011 Ruby Comp, size 44 "used" , literally had one ride on it and then stored in their study. Virtually a new bike. Came with Look pedals which I am frightened of and of course I switched them out for flats until I get used to the bike. And a computer on it as well. May have paid too much but love it and seems to fit me well. Any one who has this bike, what are your thoughts? This one has totally shimano 105 throughout. I am 55 years old and am looking forward to the future.

Congrats on the new to you bike! There are lots of Ruby lovers here and that 105 groupset should serve you very well. Enjoy!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Red face Second Thoughts?

Hi Indysteel, thanx for your thoughts. Buying a bike is a very challenging thing, fun but challenging. I was really drawn to the Ruby. Seems like there are as many opinions as there are types of bikes. I went to three different shops and they all fit me as a 44, I am only 5'1 1/2", I like my new bike, but after I got it did some research and think I may have paid too much. When it first came out in 2011 it was listed for $2700, I paid $1800, for the bike, Look clip pedals and computer and two specialized water bottle cages. Sorry to be such a pain but you know the ole second thoughts come up and I wonder if I could have gotten a 2012 for the same price because the 2013 are about to come out. And maybe with Sram Apex, tho I hear the Shimano 105 are very similar in quality. Can you chime in? I notice your blog says choose with no regret, but sometimes it is hard. LOL

I love my Ruby - it's the best purchase I ever made. You definitely did not pay too much and got a great deal, especially considering it came with 105 and Look pedals. If you had bought it new, you would have paid almost double that

Specialized Ruby 2011 - $2700
    Look Pedals - at least $120 (can be more depending on the type)
    bike computer - at least $40 (can be more depending on function)
    specialized water bottle cages - $40 each (carbon)

At the end of the day, you have a wonderful bike which in my opinion is priceless. Enjoy it!

Thank you so much. Really appreciate it. Rode tonite after work. Do love the bike. Thanx again.!

Rubies are very nice bikes. I'm considering one as my next bike. You got a very good deal.

As far as SRAM Apex vs. 105 goes, they're comparable, though Apex costs a bit more. Which is "better" is entirely a matter of personal preference, since the shifting action is different.

You love the bike. Don't worry so much about it, and have fun!
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...