Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Where are you moving back from? DC area has lots of rides.

Late June arrival/ July to get bike.

I have to find a place to live so I can get the kids registered for school. One middle school and the other entering HS. Don't want to move to a different school district unless I land in bad one at first. Looking at the schools on greatschools.com but some don't have comment/reviews and even there you don't know fully to guage. Fauquier County looks ok, Fairfax is too expensive of an area though the schools are great. If I could find a safe and reasonable place for us and the doggy. Spotsylvania/Freder look to be in our price range a bit more. Looking forward to riding once I get settled. Won't get our shipment till July/Aug. to have my bike back.
    Holistic Health Coach and Licensed Massage Therapist
    http://mandalatree.healthcoach.integ...nutrition.com/

There still should be some affordable places, relatively speaking, in Fairfax County. Depends on where you look.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the schools in Fred-burg or Spotsy County. With the influx of "city folk" down that way, I'm sure the quality of the schools is decent, especially in Fred-burg. When you get there, go to Carl's and have a "jumbo" ice cream cone. They have the BEST soft serve at Carl's.

Hey, you should be able to rent a bike while you're waiting for your ride to arrive. Have a safe trip back home!

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

I work as a civilian at walter reed. Always am in awe of you military folks who have to find a decent area to live and go to school in a strange place.

Nokesville Ride

Looks like spring weather is here to stay!

I wanted to let you all know, I know the Nokesville ride quite well, since I have done it a number of times. I would be happy to meet everyone either at the Brentsville High School or Nokesville Community Park. It is a beautiful ride and really not all that hilly. I would provide maps for everyone. We could do 20 miles or 30 miles. I am not available this weekend or next, due to college graduations but the weekend of May 22, I would be. I suggest meeting early 8:30-9:00 for this ride to avoid traffic later in the day. Also if you ride the WOD, starting around 9 am the trail is not too busy. Later in the day the families come out and ride with their small children, which can be quite annoying sometimes. I love children, but they scare me with all the weaving they do!

Hopefully we can work out this ride or another soon.

Barb
    Remember: Today is the youngest you will ever be.

Barb

Anyone want to ride Saturday May 20 on the WOD?

Anyone want to meet and do a ride on the WOD on Saturday or Sunday??
    Remember: Today is the youngest you will ever be.

Barb

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Quote Originally Posted by barrb46
    Anyone want to meet and do a ride on the WOD on Saturday or Sunday??
    My house is on a house tour on Saturday, so I have to make sure no one walks off with anything. It's an open studio tour of artists' studios in my neighborhood, not a fancy-house tour.

I am doing a PPTC ride on Sunday--the Civil War sites one. 50 miles C or CC pace. www.bikepptc.org.