Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    What difference should I expect in the handling of my Jamis with a more minimal tire in the front with a wider (I think), certainly more aggressive tire in the back? The Mountain King is 2.2 with certainly more rubber and knobbies, the Geax Mexcal is, I think, 2.1. I was told there would be a difference, it would be nice to have an idea what to expect so I can judge whether I need to take it to an easy trail first.
    I can't answer that question, but in an abundance of caution, why not just test it out on an easy trail regardless of what anybody tells you to expect?
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Good luck with your new rear tire Catrin! AS for your midwest, gals, I'd love to meet up and ride in Brown County again... one of my favorite areas in Indiana!

Back to tires, I generally ride Kenda Small Block 8's until the leaves drop, or it has been raining for quite some time then I'll swith over to the Nevegals. Lots of rocks, roots, here....

I think I'll post a feeler early next year about a meetup in Brown County sometime over the summer. Fall is lovely in the park, but I imagine dime would have an easier time attending when school is out.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    I can't answer that question, but in an abundance of caution, why not just test it out on an easy trail regardless of what anybody tells you to expect?
    True - and I would anyway - I just tend to over-think stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ridebikeme View Post
    Good luck with your new rear tire Catrin! AS for your midwest, gals, I'd love to meet up and ride in Brown County again... one of my favorite areas in Indiana!

Back to tires, I generally ride Kenda Small Block 8's until the leaves drop, or it has been raining for quite some time then I'll swith over to the Nevegals. Lots of rocks, roots, here....
    I've read good things about the Nevegals. The trails I ride do have rocks and roots but really are a mixture of hardpack (dust right now), with rooty/rocky sections. I am really looking forward to seeing what difference the new rear tire makes. I MIGHT go ahead and have them replace the front after examining my budget a bit further.

Indy - that sounds like a good idea about a summer (perhaps early?) TE BCSP gathering. It would probably make it a bit easier for those further away to travel.

I was thinking probably sometime between late June to early August. Trail conditions aren't quite as reliable in early June. It seems that they start to really dry out by about the time of the clinic in mid-June. But I suppose it will really depend on what date works for the majority of people. I also would prefer to focus the gathering on mountain biking. Certainly, people who only do road riding would be welcome but I, personally, don't want to take responsibility for any road routes in and around Brown County. Too. much. work.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Might I suggest that you make it a co-ed weekend? More TE'ers may come from far away if they can travel with their SO. The men could do their own group rides or we could split up into co-ed groups of varying skill levels.
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB
    Updated Vintage Terry Symmetry / Bontrager InForm RL WSD

Co-ed sounds like a good idea - and it might be nice to have it the week before or after the Women's Clinic - but of course we've plenty of time to work all of that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Might I suggest that you make it a co-ed weekend? More TE'ers may come from far away if they can travel with their SO. The men could do their own group rides or we could split up into co-ed groups of varying skill levels.
    Absolutely. My own husband would be sad if I spent a weekend out there without him.
    Last edited by indysteel; 08-27-2012 at 06:23 AM.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Definitely keep me in the lop Ladies: I'm definitely interested. I would tend to think each of us would schedule conflicts, so would simply suggest that you pick a time and go with it... those that want to come and ride will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by ridebikeme View Post
    Definitely keep me in the lop Ladies: I'm definitely interested. I would tend to think each of us would schedule conflicts, so would simply suggest that you pick a time and go with it... those that want to come and ride will be there.
    We will definitely keep you in the loop, and you make a good point about just picking a date and running with it. My biggest concern is weather and the state of the trails. Of course, that's always a gamble.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    We will definitely keep you in the loop, and you make a good point about just picking a date and running with it. My biggest concern is weather and the state of the trails. Of course, that's always a gamble.
    Exactly, there are no guarantees. Do we want to make this a weekday event and have it right after the Women's Clinic, or just pick the following weekend? The reason I am suggesting weekdays before or after the Clinic is some of us might be interested in attending the Clinic...but of course there would be a longer travel/vacation time commitment and that might not be feasible. The Midwest Women's MTB Clinic is always in mid-June. Both Indy and I know the organizer and it would be easy enough to get date confirmation. Registration typically starts in January - and she fills up faster each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Exactly, there are no guarantees. Do we want to make this a weekday event and have it right after the Women's Clinic, or just pick the following weekend? The reason I am suggesting weekdays before or after the Clinic is some of us might be interested in attending the Clinic...but of course there would be a longer travel/vacation time commitment and that might not be feasible. The Midwest Women's MTB Clinic is always in mid-June. Both Indy and I know the organizer and it would be easy enough to get date confirmation. Registration typically starts in January - and she fills up faster each year.
    One thought Catrin is to have the TE weekend the same weekend as the clinic. Those who want to participate can and those that want to stay an extra day either before or after the event can. There's still some down time where we can call visit, ride and hang out.

But these are just thoughts. I personally don't feel any pressing need to get anything sorted out now. Let's table all of this until later this year/early next year.

ETA: Certainly, even if we had it that weekend, TE members wouldn't have to participate in the clinic itself.
    Last edited by indysteel; 08-27-2012 at 09:04 AM.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I like the idea of piggy-backing it with the clinic. That would require weekday group rides for the TE gathering, though. I could deal with the weekdays since I'd have to take vacation to attend anyway. Weekday TE rides may not be so popular with the local TE'ers, though.
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB

I agree that nothing has to be decided now.
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    I like the idea of piggy-backing it with the clinic. That would require weekday group rides for the TE gathering, though. I could deal with the weekdays since I'd have to take vacation to attend anyway. Weekday TE rides may not be so popular with the local TE'ers, though.
    I have no problems taking a weekday off to ride and I'm guessing Catrin doesn't either. Boy, are the trails nice during a weekday. They're typically pretty empty.

--Mary Anne Radmacher