Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Motivational video of strong women

To disable ads, please log-in.

This You Tube video us set to "Sail" and is full of images of strong women lifting and doing what they enjoy doing. No cyclists, but very motivational. Personally I think an image of a strong woman mountain biker cleaning a rock garden or hopping a large log would fit right in here.
    Last edited by Catrin; 08-21-2012 at 03:53 AM.

I didn't watch the entire video but wasn't too impressed. The women were all young, nothing against young women, but being in my 60's gives one a different perspective of "strong". I'm more impressed by the 74 year old woman that I know who spent her winter here in the mountains skiing and training on a bike trainer then did a sagged cross country tour to raise money for medical research in March. I can't begin to keep up with her on skis. Or the 70 yr old mother I met on Tour de Nebraska riding with her 2 daughters. She not only was a stronger rider than her daughters but sagged herself across country last year.

Our bicycle club has several women who are in their 70's who can "kick butt" on the climbs here while most of the men "whine" about how hard they are.

I also saw a video of a women in her 80's doing a kettlebell workout that I can't begin to replicate.

These woman don't have perfectly sculpted muscles but have managed to maintain their strength throughout their lives and continue to accomplish goals that many young people would deem impossible.
    Last edited by Kathi; 08-21-2012 at 06:35 AM.

As a 52 year old woman I certainly do things I would have once thought impossible. I liked this video because it focused on women. There are certainly many different types of strength and they are all good - regardless of age and type of strength
    Last edited by Catrin; 08-21-2012 at 07:08 AM.

Maybe you like her, Kathi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kje6vKKpK14

I stumbled upon this women when looking up how to perform certain gymnastic exercises. I felt "too old" to learn some of them, but had to shup up and quit complaning when I saw her doing so much harder things

And thanks, Catrin, came just in the right moment for me