Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

CEP Compression Running/Hiking/Walkng Socks

To disable ads, please log-in.

I just purchased these compressions socks two weeks ago and they are fantastic. They are medical grade and Roadrunner Sports has them. They will be great for airline travel as well.

As far as fit, measure the largest area around your calf, and don't size down. These do not stretch out at all.
    Last edited by itself; 08-12-2012 at 01:49 PM.
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1
    Bacchetta Cafe Mountain Bent

Thanks for the review. I was just wondering about compression socks for running and work. www.sierratradingpost.com has some on sale also.
    2011 Specialized Secteur Elite Comp
    2006 Trek 7100

2XU and CEP are both medical grade socks. You definitely get what you pay for. I have had my 2XU recovery tights for two years and they are incredible.

I compared the two brands in the socks, and liked the CEP far better. Plus I was able to get them in hot pink!
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1

I used the CEP in training for races in running and they are amazing - the only thing that saved my shins. I hadn't really thought that they would help as much cycling but maybe for recovery?

Quote Originally Posted by Anyabeth View Post
    I used the CEP in training for races in running and they are amazing - the only thing that saved my shins. I hadn't really thought that they would help as much cycling but maybe for recovery?
    Yes, they have saved my shins too! Not sure I would use them for cycling, but I would for recovery after a long ride.
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1

I prefer their calf sleeves - believe the compression is higher (although it was hard to find that info, I did track it down online somewhere), you can wear them more than once if necessary - (no sweaty feet in them) and you can wear your favorite socks with them (wool sock fan here). I wore the calf sleeves (while riding) this summer during RAGBRAI and was not overheated from wearing them and they did give me some sun protection too. tokie

+1 for the sleeves! I could wear mine all day every day (and have lol)

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    I've never tried the socks, but wear the sleeves all the time. I have very cranky feet that require one certain type of sock for running (everything else gives me blisters). Love the compression- I really think it helps (even if it's only a placebo mental effect I'll take it).
    I've never tried CEP, tho. The material seems sooo thick. I wondered if they wouldn't be too hot running. I currently run in my 2XU sleeves.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

I can't afford either of those brands, but I found the smartwool compression socks on clearance (at a store I had a gift card for) and I love them. Definitely worth the investment.

Itself - I thought the pink ones were cute too, until I did Pikes Peak. I think approximately 1/3 of the women in that race were wearing them. Overall, I think possibly 70% of the women in that race were decked out in something hot pink. On the one hand, I get the idea of being feminine and being athletic (my favorite race day outfit is a dress, for pete's sake) but it was getting out of hand.

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Girl View Post
    I've never tried the socks, but wear the sleeves all the time. I have very cranky feet that require one certain type of sock for running (everything else gives me blisters). Love the compression- I really think it helps (even if it's only a placebo mental effect I'll take it).
    I've never tried CEP, tho. The material seems sooo thick. I wondered if they wouldn't be too hot running. I currently run in my 2XU sleeves.
    It's funny, despite the wicked hot temps here in Arizona, they are not go at all!
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1

Quote Originally Posted by jessmarimba View Post
    I can't afford either of those brands, but I found the smartwool compression socks on clearance (at a store I had a gift card for) and I love them. Definitely worth the investment.

Itself - I thought the pink ones were cute too, until I did Pikes Peak. I think approximately 1/3 of the women in that race were wearing them. Overall, I think possibly 70% of the women in that race were decked out in something hot pink. On the one hand, I get the idea of being feminine and being athletic (my favorite race day outfit is a dress, for pete's sake) but it was getting out of hand.
    I really wanted the lime green ones but the store did not have them! I am totally not into showing myself as a pink, feminine athlete. It just doesn't work with someone as muscular as me
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1