Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yeah Kristen!! Glad to hear she did it, despite breaking her collar bone in May.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

I felt so sorry for the Russian ladies, you can tell how much pressure they put on themselves. I didn't want them to keep showing them bawling their eyes out. On another note, they really loved the glitter!

I already saw what happened in the cycling today, which is good now I can clean my house and bathe my dogs while keeping minimal interest in the tv. The best summer for us was 2004, my husband was interning 3 hours away and I went to visit for a three day weekend. It was a sleepy town with not much besides a Dairy Queen and I had been sick so the antibiotics made me burn too easily to spend much time outside. We watched hours of whatever was on, I remember being just enthralled in a water polo match and something else I had never watched.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Quote Originally Posted by katluvr View Post
    I cheered and screamed for Phelps all the way. I know not everyone loves him, but I think what he has accomplished is AWESOME!
    I've been getting SO frustrated with the talking heads when they're interviewing him. He now has more medals than anyone - so they're focusing on "his career is past peak," "his fitness isn't as good as Beijing," "he hasn't trained as hard," and just about anything else negative they can come up with. Let him enjoy the frigging moment, people. He's an amazing athlete - whatever else he has or hasn't done.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie_Ama View Post
    I felt so sorry for the Russian ladies, you can tell how much pressure they put on themselves. I didn't want them to keep showing them bawling their eyes out. On another note, they really loved the glitter!
    I got the feeling, between the commentators and watching the girls themselves, that they've been pushed into skills that they aren't ready for for the sake of the medal count. I felt so bad for them, but they're lucky none of them got hurt!

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

Our DVR doesn't work properly on NBC.

Any time I try to fast fwd, it skips immediately, completely to the end.
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

What is up with the Lochte grill....???
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

not live

Would love to be able to watch the Olympics live & uninterrupted but we don't have Foxtel.....

That & the time difference btwn Perth & London means I have to get up at 2 am to watch many of the events.

Can't wait for the women's marathon plus Meares vs Pendelton at the velodrome!

I am reeling from the Badminton cheating thing. 8 Athletes, who have probably trained their entire lives, threw it all away. How absolutely frivolous. This is the OLYMPICS. You pray to make it, you work so hard to get there, then blow it like that?

Wow. Just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois View Post
    I know! I liked him so much, and now I'm kinda very turned off by that. I guess at least it's an American Flag.

I love that Judo girl!!

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois View Post

I just looked this up.
    I'm so clueless that I thought it would be like the George Foreman grill!

I'm surprised at how many of the female swimmers have long hair! It's such a pain in the arse with all that swimming, I'd expect to see a few more with shorter hair.

The Arena suits sure are bright. I kind of miss the stars & stripes suits the American team wore in 2008, but I guess this way they can wear suits from whoever their sponsor is. It is really cool to see the effect of the texture underwater, though, with all the bubbles around different parts of the suit.

Gabby Douglas is pretty awesome.

I didn't even think about it, but the American/NBC coverage didn't show the mens rings event hardly at all - I guess it's not interesting? I always felt it was the most awesome show of strength, I found it more interesting than pommel horse.

Edit: So, tonight on NBC they have been focusing a lot on Lochte's dad (after his mom's comments about the one night stand thing? ). He sure never seems happy. Though, maybe HE just isn't happy about the one night stand thing
    Last edited by colby; 08-02-2012 at 11:10 PM.

Gabby Douglas' coach Liang Chow is adorable, right up there with Gabby herself. Happy faces are so contagious!
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

I'm just ever so grateful that we in the US didn't have the verbal stylings of Al Trautwig inflicted upon us during the cycling events.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post
    I'm just ever so grateful that we in the US didn't have the verbal stylings of Al Trautwig inflicted upon us during the cycling events.
    My husband said the same thing!! His voice alone is just not pleasant.

How can you not love Gabby Douglass? She is just so damn cute, I was happy to see her win. I felt so bad for Aly having the disaster beam and then tying only to be knocked off the podium. She was so poised the rest of the time but at least she came back and delivered a solid floor routine after the disappointment of her beam performance.

Is it just me or does Mustafina look like she may cry or scream every time they show her? She did crack a smile or two last night, she just seems so unhappy.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan