I have noticed a lot of people are reactive to the term WSD. Honestly, I think this shop would have preferred I buy a unisex bike so they weren't marketing it. I could have swapped out the bars and had everything reconfigured and if I had found the bike to be SO different and obviously more comfortable than I probably would have. But honestly they felt very similar and the WSD felt more comfortable so I went there. Maybe when I am more experienced I will understand better WHY that was and find better fits but . . .I do have a body type that fits bikes well and I am 5'7" and short legged for a woman with long arms. So a lot of bikes fit me well. Not having to swap out the bars and the saddle and reconfigure everything before I could even really ride the bike was easier for me.

I should be clear that I really wouldn't want a female bike shop employee just so that they could hire a woman. I would hope that she would be just as knowledgable and informed as her co-workers. A BIKE person. But one with a different perspective than the men - like we find here on TE. It doesn't sound like that is others' experiences though.