Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

You won't believe this one

To disable ads, please log-in.

Picked up Madone from second LBS. They went completely through the bike and found

THE SAFETY TAB THAT KEEPS THE CRANK FROM FALLING OFF WAS NOT REPLACED!! THE BROKEN TAB WAS STILL ON THE BIKE!!

They replaced it & didn't charge me a dime for anything.

I did request a new fitting. The guy who did it (Max at Fairwheels, for you Tucsonans) was awesome. I was there for an hour while he moved stuff around like cleat position, saddle position, etc. It is SO comfortable now! He used the rules, levels and all the measuring stuff. The guy at the Trek concept store just eye-balled me on the bike & called it good.

(Shaking head like dog with water in ears...)
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Unreal, negligent work from the Trek concept store.

I do not know if those stores belong to Trek or whether they are franchises, but I won't shop at the one closest to me anymore. I have bought non Trek/Bontrager items there before, but I won't go back.

I really think it's all about the shop: owner and customer service philosophy over corporate. A good shop owner will go to bat for a customer if corporate is being crappy.... doesn't matter what brand. They all have good and bad representatives out there.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Irulan View Post
    I really think it's all about the shop: owner and customer service philosophy over corporate. A good shop owner will go to bat for a customer if corporate is being crappy.... doesn't matter what brand. They all have good and bad representatives out there.
    Where's the 'like' button? My Trek dealer bends over backwards for me
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

+1 -- my Trek shop is great.
    Also, I have a Trek Anthem helmet which I love, and when the plastic broke on the retention system I emailed Trekbikes and they answered and expedited a new one to me.
    laurie

Brand New Orbea Diva | Pink | Specialized Ruby
    2005 Trek Madone Road | Pink | Ruby
    1998 Trek 5200 Road | Blue | Specialized Jett
    ???? Litespeed Catalyst Road | Silver | Terry Firefly

After all that, I'm very glad Fair Wheel did a good job and did right by you. I have only been in there to window shop, but I'm sure that is one reason they have been in business this long. You deserved better from the get-go, even if you had been purchasing a budget bike, and all the more so with the bike you spent so much money on. I would never have settled for an "eye-ball fitting"!

I didn't purchase a bike from Fair Wheel when I got my bike last year, but part of the reason was they were a little further away from me than the other shop that carried Specialized.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

A different tact...

Trek needs to know that more people than just dogmama are aware of their response and are watching.

http://www.trekbikes.com/faq/contact.php

Go to this link, choose customer service and feedback and give your support to dogmama's quest for satisfaction. Include a link to this thread...
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers

Zen!!!!! Welcome back!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by Irulan View Post
    Just a clarification: I mean that I won't go shopping to another Trek concept store again. I view those as tightly related to the manufacturer and the brand, so shoddy customer service is a closer reflection of the manufacturer's policies. I still will be a customer to some Trek dealers -- there is a local shop less than a block from my place that sells Trek and other brands unrelated to Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by oakleaf View Post
    zen!!!!! Welcome back! :d:d
    +1!!!

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bloom View Post
    Trek needs to know that more people than just dogmama are aware of their response and are watching.

Go to this link, choose customer service and feedback and give your support to dogmama's quest for satisfaction. Include a link to this thread...
    Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bloom View Post

That is where I started (on their website) & was assigned "Jeff" who ignores my phone calls & emails.

I've found a good shop and I'm happy. They sell Trek and many other bikes too.

I really can't put anymore energy into this - it isn't worth it. In my sage years, I have to evaluate if I'd rather be right or happy. In this case, I think I'll preserve what little sanity I have remaining.

I will do a blurb on Angie's List and the Tucson BBB about this so that I've done my civic duty. And, of course, tell anybody looking for a bike shop about my experiences. Beyond that, stick a fork in me because I'm done!
    Last edited by Dogmama; 05-24-2012 at 04:48 AM.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Understandable Dogmama. I would do the same.

In the off chance that some Trek customer service read this thread, I want to link your first one, where you first described the problems you had with the Trek concept store.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmama View Post
    That is where I started (on their website) & was assigned "Jeff" who ignores my phone calls & emails.

I've found a good shop and I'm happy. They sell Trek and many other bikes too.

I really can't put anymore energy into this - it isn't worth it. In my sage years, I have to evaluate if I'd rather be right or happy. In this case, I think I'll preserve what little sanity I have remaining.

I will do a blurb on Angie's List and the Tucson BBB about this so that I've done my civic duty. And, of course, tell anybody looking for a bike shop about my experiences. Beyond that, stick a fork in me because I'm done!
    I don't blame you, I would feel the same after all this. I am glad that you found a shop that helped you and found the problem and you can consider reliable. On to some happy and safe rides!!!
    2012 Specialized Amira S-Works
    2012 Vita Elite
    2011 Specialized Dolce Elite (raffle prize) - Riva Road 155
    Ralaigh Tara Mtn Bike

Quote Originally Posted by pll View Post
    Understandable Dogmama. I would do the same.

In the off chance that some Trek customer service read this thread, I want to link your first one, where you first described the problems you had with the Trek concept store.
    That was pretty amazing how fast the Century Link folks came into that internet provider thread, eh?
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM