Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm in for this round, with a goal of 125 again. Sorry for the late reply- was out of town last week.

DH and I just got back from a working vacation, serving as bike mechanics for a charity bike tour. Despite being on my feet for 10-12 hours a day, I think I actually gained, thanks to the awesome meals that they fed us. I'll make this coming Friday my first official weigh-in.
    Last edited by Becky; 05-15-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Hi Emily, congrats about the weight loss! Interesting about the smoothies. So maybe the problem is the smoothies and not the fruit per se! Another suggestion I was going to make is to time better your fruit consumption with your exercise. If the problem is that eating so much fruit increases your blood sugar, then perhaps the problem is that the elevated blood sugar is causing you to have elevated levels of insulin, which is a fat promoting hormone. But by consuming fruit before or during exercise, you should burn it up and not store it as fat. Likewise, try to not consume fat with the fruit, as that will also end up stored as body fat when insulin goes up. Maybe that is what was going on with the smoothies.

The smoothies had no fat but consisted of mango, papaya, pineapple, banana, and chia seeds, with just enough orange juice (yes, more sugar) to allow them to mix well with ice in the blender. We were having them every day at 4 pm, prior to walking our dog -- not very intense exercise. It was essentially like another "meal" that I really don't need, given my activity level in the heat here (not nearly as high as during cooler weather).

I am still eating whole fruit (usually a small banana - much smaller than the ones you get in the US, a scoop of cut papapa, and a scoop of cut mango) on my morning oatmeal, so I am meeting my fruit quota, but cutting out the smoothies has really helped. Even DH has lost 3 lbs! Also, we always go on our daily bike ride to town on errands right after breakfast, so that oatmeal and fruit gets burned off, where our smoothies were too close to dinner so probably went straight to fat storage.

I'm putting the chia seeds in my oatmeal now since they are so good for me, but just eating a "normal" amount of fruit now, I think. Seems to be working!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    hmmm, I'm losing, too...and I have a smoothie every day. Berries, peaches, bananas, yogurt (whole milk yogurt if I can find it, 2% if I can't--fat free yogurt doesn't do much for me), soy milk (not orange juice), vanilla, a touch of honey.

I'm not having mine in addition to my regular meals, though. I have a smoothie for breakfast, usually, so it is one of my meals. Maybe that's the difference.

I'm currently at 136. I don't look at TE every week, so I'll probably be sporadic in logging my weight here. I'm keeping track, though. I would like to be down to 130 by the end of June.

I need to join again... 112.8 this morning. Goal is 108 by end of June.

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    162.5 this morning
    Up a little, but I've been strength training so I know I'm gaining some muscle.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

134.4 this morning.

134.5 this morning. I had a hard workout last night. I hope that's the reason for such a big jump! I expected a small increase after vacation, but this just frustrates me .

152 this morning.

142.6 today, after a week at 143-144. Apparently it was a bad idea to buy a box of Junior Mints at the movies a week ago Tuesday and eat them all over the course of three days.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

139 for me which is good for me...I am usually between 138-140. I am happy with this number because I have increased my carbs a lot.

I think that's the first time I've been at 16X in my adult life, so I'll take it...progress.

Im in.
    Current weight: 153.8
    Goal weight for 6/29: 148
    Height: 5'7. Let's see if I can gain one inch this month ;-)

I'm using the body media arm band again so let's see how it goes :-). I have to REALLY stop drinking so much wine during weekends. Oh plus the Cosmopolitans with diet Cranberry!
    Last edited by Maye; 05-18-2012 at 02:32 PM.
    Mariela
    '12 Trek Lexa SLX

105.4 today.
    I was going to lie and use yesterday's weight, which was 104.5. I was 106.2 when I got home from my trip to Grand Junction and got down to 104.2 on Wednesday.
    I rode 30 miles today and am doing about 40-45 tomorrow, plus more on Sunday. I have to start thinking about balancing my nutrition needs and maintaining my new weight.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

144.0 -- a new low for a WW weigh-in. Woot!

My husband left this morning to stay with his dad in HI for a couple of weeks, so it'll be interesting to see how well I maintain my weight while he's away. I'm generally not what you'd call a nutritional role model when left to my own devices.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl