Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Running through the Tulips - April

Happy April!

Started off the month with my longest run since 1996 -- seven miles. Sunrise start, kinda chilly (mid-40s) with a brisk east, chilly wind. Felt pretty good, particularly energy-wise. I had a horrible swim on Saturday and ended up napping in late morning and then sleeping 9 hours last night.

I didn't post much in March for fear of boring all of you w/my unexciting runs, but I had a good month. Consistently, I ran 4 days a week, logging between 20-25 miles total. It was fantastic, weather-wise, as I got to wear shorts a lot!!! Watching spring arrive--cherry trees in bloom, the earth greening up, blooming of daffodils, tulips, etc., has been a treat. In addition, I did well in the St. Pat's 8K in DC (placed in the top 25 in my age group), and improved my time/pace from my finish on the Jingle Bell 8k on the same race course.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

There is a possibility of running in my future again (I've been banned since Halloween due to an ankle tendon issue)! Yay!! I'm supposed to start walking a lot again, and then in 2 weeks my PT will observe my running. At that point, I think I'll be able to start working towards building up again (run/walk intervals). Happy dance!!!
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

That's terrific!

I came back from a similar injury, so you can and will do it!

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

7 miles today. A bit slower than yesterday. First 1.6 miles in my minimalist shoes (down my street & back). I am not getting enough time/mileage in these but still building slowly. Finished the rest of the 7 in my reg shoes. Started off slow and built pace some, but not like yesterday. Last mile nice and slow cool down. Overall OK pace, but could be better. Wasn't too pooped at the end. H0pe to get in a nice bike ride this evening.

K
    katluvr

I just did 7 miles. It felt a bit stiff but it was nice to be out running again. The weather is absolutely gorgeous today.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

My usual weekday running routes take me through parts of the University of Kentucky's campus, and I was very interested to see how trashed the place would be after last night's game (GO CATS!). Other than the aroma of spilled beer, it was looking really good; some poor folks must have been working hard to clean up after the exuberant/rowdy street parties that broke out. Didn't go through the area with the shooting and garage-burnings and general riot, though. It's supposed to be a mess...

6 miles, and I'm feeling the effects of Sat.'s HM. And it smells like I stepped in a puddle of beer in the dark...

It's going to be hot today - 66 degrees when I ran at 4:45 this morning. It was a nice, relaxed three miler. But I was pleasantly surprised with how speedy my pace was with my heart rate so low.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com