Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Handlebar adjustment

Ive always rode mtb but I'm now building up a LHT with drop bars and I'm now sure what the setup should look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmame View Post
    Ive always rode mtb but I'm now building up a LHT with drop bars and I'm now sure what the setup should look like.
    I can't help you as I don't ride drop bars on anything, but congrats on the LHT! When I had one it had 2-inch riser bars and triggers, I could ride that thing all day

I am sure that others will speak up, just always glad to hear about a new Surly Did you get the disk or rim brake version?

Hartmame, You may want to do a little reading on the LHT owner's group
    Not sure what you are wondering re setup but as they are designed for touring, your bars should be at least the same height as your saddle. We are big fans of bar end shifters but you can use other shifters too. So add a little detail and am happy to give you some suggestions.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Ok, I have drop bars barend shifters and am running vbrakes with the vbrake style brake levers. Are the bars run level or are they rotated downward? Brake levers sit at the top of the drop or?? Is there some type of rule of thumb about these things? I have the bars at the same height as the seat right now, Looks Normal.

The top of the bar (ramps) should be parallel to the ground. The brake levers, to start, should be as flat as possible. We put them on the bars, have the customer ride the bike and adjust until they feel right to the rider, then tighten them and wrap the bars. Some customers will ride the bike for a few days prior to taping just to make sure the brake levers are in the right spot. Can't wait to see the photos!
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Bike stand and trainer

I put my bars at level when it was in the stand, but when I switched it to the trainer it seemed totally wrong. I tried to make make them level again. I'll have to put some time in on the trainer and make some adjustments.