Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

You poor thing, so pleased the op has gone well and you appear to be coping extremely well.

Hope you don't mind me going off Topic briefly but after reading this thread, it just shows what a gutsy crowd of people we are, perhaps it's because we ride, or because we are females?

My friend has been in a similar situation since 28th Dec and is doing well and she has been using her exercise bike, somehow managing not putting any weight on her bad foot. Reckon she has got massive muscles in her left leg though!!!

Carry on repairing well.
    Clock

Orange Clockwork - Limited Edition 1998

‘Enjoy your victories of each day'

My bil is an orthopedic surgeon, he now suggests taking tylenol and ibuprofen together. Depending on my pain, I take 200 mg of each. Sometimes I take 800 mg at a time ( I am one who can't tolerate narcotics either) It does seem to last longer than taking just one or the other.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Not much more I can add than what everyone else has said. I also do not handle meds. To help with the nausea, I eat as much fresh ginger as I can. Dice up ginger in to really small pieces and add it to oil and vinegar salad dressing. or eat it plain, in thin slices. Or make a fresh brewed tea with ginger and touch of honey to cut the hot taste.

There is also a light Chinese chicken dish with ginger. It's very light and refreshing.

Ginger is one of the herbal remedy for nausea. It does help a lot!! Has to be fresh ginger though.

Eat well, heal faster.

Glad you're doing well. The ibuprofen helps with swelling, so keep taking it along with the Tylenol. Be careful though, it may upset your stomach after a few days.

Good luck healing. You'll be back on your bike and out in the barn in no time.
    2011 Specialized Ruby Comp
    2015 Giant Liv Tempt 3

More updates.

Today I got my hard cast. They removed the post-surgery splint and I was stunned at how much my calf had atrophied in just three weeks. It was amazing (and gross). The incisions are healing well but are not closed enough to allow me to have a waterproof cast so that I can swim. Oh well. I'd rather heal completely than to risk it anyway.

I did get an application for a handicap hangtag signed, so I'll be trying to get on of those tomorrow at the DMV.

I have been getting around inside the house on a knee scooter. I have been surviving the world outside our house on crutches. BUT, this afternoon, my hands-free crutch was delivered so I'm super excited to try it. If I can operate it, it'll make a HUGE difference in doing things around the house.

Oh, and on Sunday, I was able to do a full lower body workout on DVD that I've had for years. It's a weight based workout done totally on the floor and I was able to do the whole thing with the exception of the warm-up. I'm so excited about it and I plan to do it a lot (probably alternating with upper body workouts). My cardio is going to suck when this is all over, but at least I can maintain most of my muscle!

And just for good measure, here is my x-ray:
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Thanks for the update! I was wondering how you were doing. It sounds like things are going well so far.

Happy healing!!
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Keep up the good work!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura